Coordinator, Grants Accounting
Company: San Jacinto College
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Coordinator, Grants Accounting - District Office
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Manage grants accounting for all aspects of
federal, state, foundation, and other restricted grant funds.
Monitor all grant financial activities and ensures funded projects
are in compliance with college policies, federal/state regulations
and other applicable guidelines. Analyzing and financial reporting
of accounting and cash management functions of grants
administration for district-wide grants. Assist in training and
scheduling of grants account specialist activities and overall
organizational management of office procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs essential accounting duties that assist in budget
monitoring, general accounting, cash management, auditing, and
reporting functions related to grants and restricted funds.
- Directs and supervises Accounting Specialist(s) including task
management, troubleshooting, compliance and reconciliation
- Organization and management of internal departmental processes
and grant documents.
- Analyze and make recommendations for necessary updates or
modifications of the internal grant post-award process,
documentation, and internal control system to comply with OMB's
Federal Award Uniform Guidance and other grant regulations.
- Manage complex Federal or State grant projects assigned from
start-up to close-out including sub-recipient monitoring, subaward
grant budget, audit process assistance, and grant compliance
- Work with appropriate grant personnel, Grant PIs, and other
departments to support grant project management.
- Perform monthly grant financial analysis and reconciliation of
GL accounts for grant reporting to Grant PI and the finding agency.
Investigate and resolve issues. Also, create JV to correct
discrepancies and modify budgets as needed.
- Assist Grant Accounting Manager on single audit, other required
audits, and all monitoring review by grant funding agencies.
- Cashier grant invoices and grant scholarship payments for grant
activities as needed.
- Daily activities to include review and approval of journal
vouchers, requestions, financial reports and timesheets. Additional
- Assist the Office of Grants Management Director and Grant
Accounting Manager as needed to facilitate office management
- Other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of account transactions, chart of
accounts, ledgers, financial reporting and analysis techniques for
assessing the management and compliance of grants accounting is
- Microsoft Office intermediate skills.
- Knowledge of Banner/Finance, third- party billings, and payroll
- Good communication and interpersonal skills desired.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must work well under pressure and meet deadlines. Required
- Associate's degree in Accounting, Business, or related filed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field or related
work experience. Required Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of progressive accounting experience or similar
experience. Preferred Experience:
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Three years plus of increased responsibility of grant
accounting experience with an in-depth knowledge of Federal, State
and Local funding requirements is preferred.
- A strong background in Banner Finance, Student, Grants or other
modules with a understanding of the inter-working of the different
modules. Preferred Licenses/Certifications:
- Certificate in Grants Management or specialized grants
management training desired.
Note: This position has opportunity for limited remote work
arrangements with appropriate approvals and in accordance with the
policies, procedures, and needs of the College.
Salary Grade: 22
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the
current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule
Requisition Number: req4853
Posting Close Date: 9/15/2023
Keywords: San Jacinto College, Pasadena , Coordinator, Grants Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!