Sheet Metal Detailer, CAD
Company: Acco Engineered Systems
Posted on: January 16, 2020
We are looking for a Sheet Metal Detailer to join our Pasadena, CA
Why join ACCO* ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest
mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and
builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more
than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design,
fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial
and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and
building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or
high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital,
semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing
plant ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical
system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our
customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San
Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years,
we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for
talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check
out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
This individual will be reporting to the Southern California
Construction CAD Manager. This position is responsible for the 3D
layout and coordination of all aspects of sheet metal as required
per project specifications. ACCO's Sheet Metal Detailer positions
are dispatched through the union locals. We encourage you to apply
if you are interested in joining the union for this role.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE*
* Assist in creating 3D drawings, based on 2D construction
documents for mechanical HVAC systems.
* Coordinate location of MEP installation within 3D drawings.
* Assist ACCO project managers with prefabrication drawings.
* Regularly communicate with project managers and field
fabrication/installation personnel to obtain and convey the
information needed to complete the technical layout-coordination
* Creation of Clash Reports, Maj's, templates, item reports, and
* Creating 3D detailed drawings for duct fabrication.
* Review of detailed shop drawings with an engineer of record.
* Coordinate revisions and changes with Sheet Metal field
* Lead 3D BIM Coordinator that includes: Maintain ACCO CAD
standards. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Consolidate federated models and upload for the team.
* Run clash detection reports.
* Facilitate team in resolving issues.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE*
* Three years of related experience, or equivalent years of
education/training and related experience.
* Knowledge of commercial HVAC systems, mechanical and duct
construction methods and systems designs, particularly for
commercial, health care, labs, industrial and high-end residential
industries. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to
Ability to read architectural, structural drawings and
specifications. Ability to understand and apply the information
given through the submittal process.
* Understand the installation of duct/mechanical systems
* Coordinate duct with other disciplines in a 3D environment.
* Cost-effective duct routing and equipment location
* Supports and anchors, including seismic anchoring
* Demonstrated proficiency in Fabrication, AutoCAD, Navisworks,
Manage and Simulate software applications.
* Ability to create spool and installation drawings and experience
with BIM projects.
* Working knowledge of MS Office products (Windows XP, MS Word, MS
Excel, and Internet Explorer) and Mozilla Firefox browser.
* Proficiency with AutoCAD (up to 2015) Required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team
* Excellent interpersonal communication/relationship skills.
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision and Distance vision.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
* The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use
hands to finger, handle, or feel.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and
arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl,
especially when conducting job site walks.
* Must possess & maintain a valid class c driver s license and have
the ability to drive a vehicle.
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU*
* Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of
skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering,
project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who
collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to
* Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision,
401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
* ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from
us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
* Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and
* Professional Development Programs Educational reimbursements,
Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are
encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay Transparency
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire
U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to
apply.\n\nEqual Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.\nACCO will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
Keywords: Acco Engineered Systems, Pasadena , Sheet Metal Detailer, CAD, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!