Senior Engineering Manager - R&D
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Guardian Fall Protection is building a state-of-the-art R&D
Center at the HQ in Pasadena, TX!!
Amazing opportunity for a Sr. Engineering Manager to build a
top-talent team for this first-class facility!
You will be responsible to manage a team of matrix engineering /
project management resources, as a working leader, to develop and
execute new products on time, on cost and on quality.
- Define plan with functional leaders to execute the relative mix
of breakthrough, tactical, and derivative innovation, and identify
new product categories and new enabling technologies
- Evaluate and optimize product concepts for mechanical function
(e.g., fit, function, interference, stacking, nesting, etc),
manufacturability, packaging and material handling.
- Responsible for finalized engineering product drawings with
critical dimensions, performance specifications, and quality
specifications including standards and test procedures.
- Implement and improve test and measurement systems
- Manage the creation of product prototypes and manage product
testing for internal evaluation and consumer research.
- Develop and evaluate cost analysis for new and modified product
concepts from design through production launch to maximize product
- Implement new products through first production run (launch).
- Provide technical support to operations and outside vendors in
solving product quality problems with existing products.
- Follow a structured product development process
- Direct team members' development plans to provide appropriate
development opportunities to employees.
- Propose enhancements to the product development process to ensure
- Develop portfolio management of NPD, productivity, and lifecycle
maintenance of products and programs to meet business
- Identify and leverage technologies, global product development
capabilities, and global supply networks to ensure a source of
sustainable competitive advantage.
- Travel 15%
- B.S./M.S. Degree in Engineering, EIT License highly desired
- Minimum of 10 years' experience engineering product designs from
design staff concepts using 3D computer-aided design (preferably
- Knowledge of hard goods and soft goods used in fall protection
including SRLs, Lanyards, Harnesses, Anchors, and Systems.
- Knowledge of forgings, stampings, castings, molded components,
ropes, wire ropes, webbings, padding, and other elements used in
- Track record of design work on successfully launched products
and/or commercialized processes.
- Evidence of taking initiative and/or leadership on projects.
- History of working independently and as a member of a
- Effective planning/organizational skills with a demonstrated
ability to multi-task and set priorities.
Experience indicating strong project management skills (MS Project
Keywords: Guardian, Pasadena , Senior Engineering Manager - R&D, Engineering , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!