IEC Project Engineer
Posted on: May 15, 2022
You may not realize it, but you've likely used a product today
made possible by the plastics and chemicals manufactured by Chevron
Phillips Chemical. From medical supplies and electronics to food
packaging and cosmetics, we create the building blocks for more
than 70,000 consumer and industrial products.
Even as a global company with 5,000 employees, we maintain a "small
company feel" and uphold a culture of respect, diversity, and
inclusion. Ask any Chevron Phillips Chemical employee what they
like best about their job, and universally, the answer is "the
people I work with!" We value work-life balance, and love to see
our employees thrive both professionally and personally. There has
never been a better time to work for Chevron Phillips Chemical. If
you're ready to grow with us and become part of our vision of being
the premier Chemical Company, apply today!
Purpose/IntroductionChevron Phillips Chemical Company is seeking
qualified individuals for the position of Instrument, Electrical,
and Controls (IE&C) Project Engineer at the Pasadena Plastics
Plant located in Pasadena, Texas.
In this position, you will manage IEC capital improvement and
maintenance expense projects at the Pasadena facility using the
Chevron Project Development and Execution Process (CPDEP) for
project development. The project team at Pasadena manages projects
up to $10MM with the majority of the projects in the $250M to $2MM
- Promotes the concept of proactive safety and takes personal
responsibility to communicate and cascade the Plant goal of zero
- Design and execute capital and expense projects including
modification and/or addition to facilities electrical distribution
systems, DCS, PLC, field instrumentation and controls, motor
control systems, and process analytical systems.
- Manage the development, approval and implementation of all
CPDEP deliverables and project required documents.
- Facilitates the preparation and control of project scope,
justification, economic analysis, schedule, and construction
management execution using the company CPDEP project development
- Coordinates activities of the integrated project team generally
including representatives from engineering, operations,
maintenance, environmental, safety, plant management and the
product line SBU.
- Gather and assemble required documentation for project
- Provide oversight and work with the construction resources to
ensure that field installation is performed in accordance with all
safety polices, standards, and per the IFC package.
- Managing the schedule progress and cost control through all
phases of the project.
- Develop and implement a communication plan that facilitates
good communication with the project team and all stakeholders
throughout all phases of the project.
- Review, approve / reject, and track all field installation
changes and the associated cost and schedule impact to the
- Ensures that all corporate and industry design Standards are
followed during all phases of engineering development, funding and
- Provides engineering and electrical design support to plant as
required, including selection and procurement of engineering
equipment and related services.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years
- 5 years of experience in project management roles
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of industry design codes and standards, safe design
practices, process safety and a commitment to personnel
- Experience with scheduling and planning techniques, terminology
- Experience in project controls, cost estimation and SAP
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a
comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the
web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in
applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply,
please contact our Human Resources Service Center at
1-800-446-1422, option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or marital
To all recruitment agencies: We are not responsible for any fee
related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and
recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent
directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place
between the agency and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP
("Company") and an authorized Company representative makes a
written request to the agency to assist with this requisition.
Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim
to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or
other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the
property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such
candidate is hired.
Travel Requirements: Up to 5%Eligibility for Relocation: YesClosing
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, ERP,
Construction, Engineering, Technology
Keywords: CPChem, Pasadena , IEC Project Engineer, Engineering , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!