Company: Brown & Root
Posted on: May 26, 2023
- Position will work with Project Manager tocoordinate between
internal client resources and external engineering consultants who
will be executing detail design.
- Coordinating and leading project team in planning, developing,
and implementing the project scope of work; including meetings,
setting priorities, evaluating comments/requests and ensuring
internal customer approval
- Ensuring the proper balance between cost, schedule and quality
of the finished project
- Alignment of project execution schedules from engineering
through construction to assure a prioritized approach for fast
- Review of technical specifications, design documents and vendor
documentation and coordination of internal resources for
evaluations and return of comments.
- Report project status on cost and schedule.
- Preparing or coordinating the preparation of construction bid
packages, evaluating bid proposals and selection of
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent
people skills - ability to successfully work with all plant
- Experience with the corrosive nature of a chemical plant
environment and evaluate design solutions developed for the
- Previous working experience with industrial scale systems
including metal pipe fabrication, automated valves, pressure
vessels, heat exchangers, agitators, relief systems, centrifugal
pumps, vacuum pumps, mechanical seals, refrigeration machines,
- Preferred: Ability to prepare basic construction packages,
including equipment location plans, plot plans, piping routing, and
incorporate site specs standards. Requirements
*** POSITION WILL OFFICE IN PASADENA, TX ***
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of (5) years of engineering experience in the
- Experience in leading safety on assigned projects including
setting expectations and being visible in the field.
- Experience with SAP Project Module and other basic SAP
transactions is essential to this position.
- Ability to align project objectives and justifications with
various stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge of contracting and contracting strategies.
- Experience leveraging outside services in completion of
engineering, procurement and construction services to complete
projects both as a whole or in pieces.
- Ability to judge the quality of engineering and construction
- Thorough understanding of engineering and construction
- Basic estimating skills and knowledge of engineering and
construction cost structure.
- Working with Project Manager to drive project definition and
secure team alignment.
- Basic understanding of constructability reviews and other value
- Basic knowledge of construction labor planning.
- High level of ownership with assigned projects.
Brown and Root offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits
which include a 401K plan, medical, dental, vision, life insurance,
AD D, flexible spending account, disability, Paid Time Off (PTO)
and flexible work schedule(s). We support career advancement
through professional training and development.
Brown and Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran
status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any
other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local
Keywords: Brown & Root, Pasadena , Project Engineer, Engineering , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...