Turbine Control Engineer III
Company: System One
Posted on: September 15, 2023
System One--is actively seeking a--Turbine Control Engineer
Relocation is available Job Responsibilities
- Provide combustion tuning on GE turbines for emissions
compliance and reliability.
- Apply combustion turbine knowledge and experience to trouble
shooting problems related to GE combustion turbines.
- Lead, support and provide technical oversight with project
development activities as required.
- Provide recommendations on moderately complex issues regarding
turbines and related auxiliary components in a power plant.
- Provide recommendations on new processes, tools, and services
as well as support and contribute to the development of new
products, services, or techniques.
- Work with the I&C Engineering group with the development of
control logic changes as they pertain to the operation of the
- Implement logic changes developed by I&C Engineering and
supported by the Plant Controls Team.
- Provide training to plant operations and colleagues on turbine
tuning, control systems operation, programming, and
- Assist in troubleshooting related computer and networking
problems that relate to the turbine control system.
- Perform serial link programming between turbine control systems
and ancillary plant systems.
- Must be willing and able to be on call and work call out duty,
as necessary. Must be willing to work varied hours as necessary and
travel as needed throughout the Calpine Fleet. Job Requirements
- 10+ years experience with control systems, combustion turbines
and turbine tuning, along with a willingness to explore and master
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with combustion
tuning for GE turbines highly preferred:
- Extensive knowledge of GE combustion turbine operating
philosophy, which include core operation, combustion dynamics,
emissions, and efficiency.
- Technical and/or vocational training in control systems used on
GE combustion turbines: Mark VI and Mark VIe.
- Must have a proven record of accomplishment in the controls
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of combined cycle power plant
- Must have an exceptional understanding of process controls and
instrumentation, as they pertain to combustion turbines and/or
combined cycle power generation.
- Self-motivated, highly knowledgeable, has strong
problem-solving skills and works well within a small team.
- Must be willing to travel and work varied hours, as
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Above average computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office Suite
(Word, Excel, Project).
Keywords: System One, Pasadena , Turbine Control Engineer III, Engineering , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!