Lead I&E Engineer
Company: INEOS Styrolution
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Lead I&E Engineer
Pasadena, Texas - PolymersUnited States (US)
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
We Have Great Chemistry
We believe diversity is perceiving difference; inclusion is valuing
it. Without inclusion, we cannot unlock the value that diversity
has to offer. Everyone has a seat at our company table. Our
employees bring their unique selves to work daily, have a sense of
belonging, and contribute to our core values. We have an inclusive
approach, which is open and transparent. We respect and value
diversity and believe in equality of opportunity. We do this by
valuing and respecting cultural differences and
welcomingdiversityof thought and perspectives from all our
The Position:Lead I&E Engineer-
The Lead I&E Reliability Engineer supports site operations with
the purpose of improving, through engineering excellence, the
reliability of all instrument, controls, and electrical (ICE)
manufacturing equipment throughout the site. This position provides
engineering expertise to solve instrumentation, controls,
electrical, and electrical distribution issues for the site.
The Lead I&E Engineer is a technical resource and subject
matter expert (SME) for the site as both day-to-day operational
support and capital project support. As such this role must
properly assess and improve reliability effectively collaborating
with operations, maintenance, and capital project teams.
What you will do:
- This position - and all positions - within the INEOS
Styrolution organization requires that the incumbent commit to
learning, following and practicing the INEOS 20 Principles of
Process and Behavioral Safety. Each employee must also commit to
following the INEOS Life-Saving Rules on a daily basis. These
Principles and Rules are posted within each INEOS Styrolution
- Champion the 20 Principles and Life Saving Rules
- Lead/participate in incident investigations to identify root
causes and corrective recommendations to prevent
- Participation and leadership as needed to ensure compliance
with Process Safety Management elements especially as relates to
reliability best practice execution.
- Supports asset integrity management through the scheduling and
planning of Preventative Maintenance
- Develop predictive and condition-based reliability monitoring
and improvement programs based on manufacture's recommendation
and/or best engineering practices.
- Support an evergreen equipment criticality analysis (ECA)
process, considering reliability and integrity for the critical
assets and protective systems.
- Support the development of capital projects to improve safety
- Support incident investigations providing expertise to identify
causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
Become proficient at root cause analysis techniques such as Cause
- Support Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Layers of Protection
Analysis (LOPA), SIF/SIL, and other risk assessments.
- Support Management of Change (MOC) processes ensuring changes
are managed through a rigorous MOC process, and through PHA and
- Provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to problems
with all instrument, controls, and electrical (ICE)
- Supports maintenance as needed to analyze, evaluate, and select
materials or equipment best suited for repair or replacement of
manufacturing equipment to maintain reliability and optimize
maintenance repair costs.
- Analyzes ICE failures and recommends equipment modifications
and process revisions to improve the reliability and availability
of the production units.
- Assists the site maintenance team as an engineering resource
- Identifies reliability 'bad actors' and prioritizes reliability
- Provides ICE technical support in preparation and support for
unit shutdowns, turnarounds, and start-ups.
- Provides ICE technical leadership for capital projects to
provide guidance and review to ensure reliable and cost-effective
Support of quality of work efforts through procedure updates,
participating in audits and similar efforts to maximize work
quality and site reliability.
What you will bring:
Level of Education & Knowledge (Relevant experience, in some cases,
may substitute for a portion or all of the required education):
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Five (5+) to Eight (8+) or more years experience in a
manufacturing environment, preferably petrochemical.
Following are preferred experience, knowledge and skills:
- Ten (10+) years experience in hydrocarbon or polymer
- A working understanding of large, manufacturing equipment
(rotating equipment, heaters, exchangers, tanks, etc.) including
the mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation aspects of such
- Familiarity and experience with DCS and PLC controls
- Familiarity with electrical distribution systems, variable
frequency drive systems, and typical industrial systems
- Understands project and maintenance best practices and the
impact of reliability on unit operations.
- Experience with integrity assurance systems for
instrumentation, controls, and electrical systems is
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and similar
Physical demands:Ability to work at heights, work in confined
spaces, lift up to 25 Lbs. occasionally, and work in the
environment (outdoors; seasonal exposure to heat and cold).
The Location: This opportunity is located in Pasadena, Texas -
PolymersUnited States (US), only #of miles from the largest
[Not translated in selected language]
What We Offer You
- A safe and drug-free work environment
- Career development, job progression, and tuition
- Flexible work environment,paid vacation, and sick time
- A comprehensive health benefits package with low premiums to
support employee wellbeing
- Retirement savings with company match plus
- Above-market compensation includingperformance-related pay and
- Fitness reimbursement to encourage employees to stay healthy
- No. 1 global leader in styrenics: Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene,
Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard, and Styrenic
- 3,600 employees worldwide
- 20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customers in 106 countries
- 6 billion EUR in 2021
We are excited to hear from you and share more about our
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team
Keywords: INEOS Styrolution, Pasadena , Lead I&E Engineer, Engineering , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!