Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: Manpower Engineering
Posted on: September 18, 2023
We have an exceptional opportunity for a full time direct hire Lead
Electrical Engineer for a well-established chemical company located
in Houston, TX.
Job Title: Lead Electrical Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
1. Development of electrical single line diagrams and overall plant
electrical distribution systems.
2. Coordination with utility and/or customer to develop required
power for operating plants.
3. Specifying and purchasing key electrical equipment such as
medium and low voltage switchgear and motor control centers,
transformers, VFD's, UPS systems, DC systems, etc. Responsibilities
include writing purchase specifications, evaluating quotations,
performing technical bid evaluations, vendor document review, and
factory acceptance testing.
4. Specifying large induction and synchronous motors and starting
systems including reduced voltage autotransformers, reactor start,
electronic soft-start/VFD/LCI, etc.
5. Specifying and integrating gas turbine and steam turbine
generators for co-generation within process plants.
6. Performing electrical system studies including short circuit,
load flow, transient motor start, protection relay coordination,
and arc flash, and creating appropriate protective device
7. Provide start-up and commissioning support for electrical
distribution equipment and motors.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in design of industrial electrical power
- Professional Engineer license is required
- Computer literate and experienced in the use of SKM Power
Tools, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, able to work with the
appropriate level of supervision and accept a high degree of
personal responsibility for results.
- Ability to self-execute all electrical engineering and oversee
design within a given project as well as lead a team of electrical
engineers and designers on larger, more complex projects.
- This position requires knowledge and application of switchgear,
motor control centers, transformers, motors, and generators used in
industrial power systems as well as the ability to prepare and
interpret specifications related to such equipment.
- The applicant must have knowledge and experience in performing
detailed power system engineering studies.
If this is a role that interests you and you'd like to learn more,
click apply now and a recruiter will be in touch with you to
discuss this great opportunity. We look forward to speaking with
Keywords: Manpower Engineering, Pasadena , Senior Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!