RN / Nurse Manager / Texas / Permanent / Manager (RN) Freestanding Emergency Room Job
Posted on: March 20, 2020
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services. HCA is dedicated to the
growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the
tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are
currently looking for an ambitious Nurse Manager for the
Freestanding Emergency Room to help us reach our goals. Unlock your
potential here! At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a
variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the
ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including
vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte
benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock
Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and
childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and
student loan repayment programs. HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast
Freestanding Emergency Department Health One is an off-site 20-bed
emergency department located at 6002 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena,
At HCA Houston Healthcare Southeasts 24-Hour Emergency Care
patients can expect fast, convenient care with experienced
board-certified physicians. All lab work and imaging (digital
x-ray, CT scan, and ultrasound) are performed and processed on-site
to expedite care. An Emergency Department physician will interpret
radiology and lab results, discuss your diagnosis, and review
follow-up care. Emergencies are never planned, but when an
emergency happens, HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast 24-Hour
Emergency Care offers superior medical care, close to home.. Our
Managers have access to a variety of resources to help you reach
your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in
patient careManager (RN) - Freestanding Emergency Room (ER)
What you will do in this role:
- Supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the
- Functions as Nurse Manager on all shifts when delegated as
- Models a culture of outstanding customer service for employees,
patients, families, and physicians. Displays positive customer
- Responsible and accountable for nursing care rendered to
patients and families within the Emergency Department based upon
the nursing process - assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating patient care is in compliance with hospital policies and
- Responsible for coordinating and integrating interdepartmental
and intradepartmental services.
- Communicates with CNO, administrator on site (AOS), Nurse
Director, Nurse Manager and Assistant Nurse Managers regarding
patient care, staff conflicts and unusual occurrences
- Recommends and assists in the selection of a sufficient number
of qualified and competent personnel to provide care and
- Maintains the Performance Improvement activities of the
department as appropriate.
- Responsible for orienting, in-service training, and continuing
education for all staff within the Emergency Department.
- Determines and ensures the competence of all staff members is
assessed, maintained, demonstrated, and improved on an ongoing
- Maintains and coordinated evaluations of staff in timely
- Maintains good departmental relationships and effectively
communicates with patients, families, physicians and c-workers with
appropriate referrals to the department director as
- Maintains accurate time and attendance through the payroll
- Maintains accuracy of EMTALA Log and ED Dashboard
- Coordinates and ensures daily staffing ratios appropriate for
the provision of care with the departmental standard.
- Supports the provision of patient care through supply
management and Point of Use Compliance.
- Maintains and improves own professional knowledge.
- Must meet the position requirements for the Assistant Nurse
Manger in the Emergency Department.
- Assists in continuous assessment and performance improvement
program in adult ED and the Pedi ED all related nursing audits for
QA program, including eMar reports. Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of Acute Care experience with 2 years
management experience within the Emergency Department
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Registered Nurse,
BSN required. Educational requirements should be appropriate for
meeting age-specific needs of all patients.
- Applicant must have or obtain Texas licensure with the State
Board of Nurse Examiners.
Keywords: HCA., Pasadena , RN / Nurse Manager / Texas / Permanent / Manager (RN) Freestanding Emergency Room Job, Executive , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!