Manager (RN) Freestanding Emergency Room
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services.
HCA-is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues.
We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in
our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious-Nurse
Manager-for the Freestanding-Emergency Room-to help us reach our
goals. Unlock your potential here!
At-HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits
to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in
several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can
even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs.
Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex
spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate
in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast Freestanding Emergency Department
- Health One-is an off-site 20-bed emergency department located
at-6002 Fairmont Parkway, Pasadena, Texas.-At HCA Houston
Healthcare Southeast's 24-Hour Emergency Care patients can expect
fast, convenient care with experienced board-certified physicians.
All lab work and imaging (digital x-ray, CT scan, and ultrasound)
are performed and processed on-site to expedite care. An Emergency
Department physician will interpret radiology and lab results,
discuss your diagnosis, and review follow-up care. Emergencies are
never planned, but when an emergency happens, HCA Houston
Healthcare Southeast 24-Hour Emergency Care - offers superior
medical care, close to home..-
Our-Managers-have access to a variety of resources to help you
reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in
Manager (RN)- - Freestanding Emergency Room (ER)
What you will do in this role:-
- Supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the
- Functions as Nurse Manager on all shifts when delegated as
- Models a culture of outstanding customer service for employees,
patients, families, and physicians. Displays positive customer
- Responsible and accountable for nursing care rendered to
patients and families within the- Emergency Department based upon
the nursing process - assessing, planning, implementing and
evaluating patient care is in compliance with hospital policies and
- Responsible for coordinating and integrating interdepartmental
and intradepartmental services.
- Communicates with CNO, administrator on site (AOS), Nurse
Director, Nurse Manager and Assistant Nurse Managers regarding
patient care, staff conflicts and unusual occurrences
- Recommends and assists in the selection of a sufficient number
of qualified and competent personnel to provide care and
- Maintains the Performance Improvement activities of the
department as appropriate.-
- Responsible for orienting, in-service training, and continuing
education for all staff within the-- Emergency Department.
- Determines and ensures the competence of all staff members is
assessed, maintained, demonstrated, and improved on an ongoing
- Maintains and coordinated evaluations of staff in timely
- Maintains good departmental relationships and effectively
communicates with patients, families, physicians and c-workers with
appropriate referrals to the department director as
- Maintains accurate time and attendance through the payroll
- Maintains accuracy of EMTALA Log and ED Dashboard
- Coordinates and ensures daily staffing ratios appropriate for
the provision of care with the departmental standard.
- Supports the provision of patient care through supply
management and Point of Use Compliance.
- Maintains and improves own professional knowledge.
- Must meet the position requirements for the Assistant Nurse
Manger in the Emergency Department.
- Assists in continuous assessment and performance improvement
program in adult ED and the Pedi ED all related nursing audits for
QA program, including eMar reports.
- At least 2 years of Acute Care- experience with 2 years
management experience within the Emergency Department preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Registered Nurse,
BSN preferred. Educational requirements should be appropriate for
meeting age-specific needs of all patients.-- -------
- Applicant must have or obtain Texas licensure with the State
Board of Nurse Examiners.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification required-
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification required-
- TNCC within 6 months of hire
- ENPC or PALS certified within 6 months of hire
- NIHSS certification within 6 months of hire, unless currently
certified then needs to be maintained.
- 2 acute stroke educational activities attended annually-
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA)-is a community of 94,000
Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physician partners. We have
over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's,
ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility
based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten of our
HCA Healthcare facilities have been named in IBM Watson Health's
top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively
reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit
your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!-
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking-.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast, Pasadena , Manager (RN) Freestanding Emergency Room, Executive , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!