MDS Director Registered Nurse RN
Company: Pasadena Care Center
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Summary/ObjectiveCoordinates and facilitates the timely and
accurate completion of both the RAI and Care Management process
from admission to discharge in accordance to Company P&Ps,
MPGs, State and Federal guidelines, and all other entities as
appropriate. May coordinate information systems operations and
education for the clinical department.Essential Functions
- Work in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team to assess
the needs of the resident.
- Work in conjunction with direction from the Regional Care
- Coordinate and manages the daily Care Management meeting, to
include review of resident care and the setting of the Assessment
- Enforce accurate and timely Resident assessments according to
state and federal regulations.
- Designate responsibility for completing sections of the
assessment to the interdisciplinary team.
- Complete accurate coding of the MDS with information obtained
via medical record review as well as observation and interview with
facility staff, resident, and family members.
- Maintain the tracking system of MDS schedules (timeframes and
- Maintain the frequent and accurate data entry of resident
information into appropriate computerized MDS programs.
- Coordinate care plan conferences with the interdisciplinary
team, residents and families.
- Obtain, review and maintain all State and Federal reports,
making appropriate corrections timely.
- Coordinate education related to the RAI/Care Management process
for the facility.
- Coordinates the electronic submission of required documentation
to the State database and other entities. (e.g. Pro-Tracking, LTCQ,
etc.), per company policy and State and Federal regulations.
- Complete required forms and documents in accordance with
company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Attend Interdisciplinary Team meetings and other meetings in
order to gather information, communicate changes, and maintain and
- Contact Medicare Beneficiary Hotline per company policy.
- Continually updating knowledge base related to data entry and
- Participate in quality assurance activities.
- Completion of AANAC Certificate program within the first six
months of employment.
- Contact Medicare Beneficiary Hotline per company policy and
- Complete electronic submission of required documentation to the
State database and other entities per company policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Required Education and
- Registered Nurse with health care experience in an a long-term
care facility (maybe an LPN/LVN with approval from the facility NHA
and appropriate District/Regional staff).
- Knowledge of Medicare process preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of the RAI process
required.Supervisory ResponsibilityMay supervise MDS staff for whom
they are administratively or professionally responsible.Physical
DemandsEmployee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or
fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk, and hear. Employee
will occasionally assist to lift and/or transfer patients weighing
between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee may occasionally be exposed to
blood or other body fluids. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: Pasadena Care Center, Pasadena , MDS Director Registered Nurse RN, Executive , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!