Director Critical Care Services
Company: CHI St. Luke's Health-Patients Medical Center
Posted on: May 15, 2022
As our Director of Emergency and Critical Services at St. Luke's
Health - Patients Medical Center, now part of CommonSpirit Health
formed between Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health, Has
accountability for the Emergency and ICU departments. Accountable
for all Evening, Night and Weekend Nursing Supervisors. Provide
leadership and communication to the staff and physicians working
within the area. Assure practice adheres to regulatory
requirements. Departmental practices and processes consistently
reflect high quality standards which support excellence in patient
care and a safe environment for patients, employees, physicians,
visitors and guests. Must assure quality standards are implemented
and maintained, and processes are updated and revised as
appropriate. Must manage a large fiscal budget. Must also lead the
capital budget planning in their area and manage human resources
efficiently. Monitor metrics to validate performance against
national and system benchmarks and to ensure the delivery of
competent clinical practice is consistently achieved. -About
Us:Patients Medical Center (PMC) provides inpatient and outpatient
medical and surgical services to residents of Pasadena, Deer Park,
La Porte, Baytown, and Clear Lake. The facility includes 53
medical/surgical beds, eight ICU beds and three endoscopy rooms,
and offers a range of primary and specialized services-wound care,
general surgery, gastroenterology, occupational health, heart and
vascular, women's services, diagnostic imaging, outpatient rehab
services, and sleep disorders. We are part of CommonSpirit Health
which operates 139 hospitals and more than 1,000 care sites across
21 states, making our services accessible to nearly 1 in 4 U.S.
residents. - -If you are committed to social justice, health
equity, and prepared to deliver care in new, innovative ways, you
belong with us. -
- Demonstrates positive leadership skills and communication which
results in achievement of outcomes.
- Articulates departmental goals and objectives allowing staff to
actively participate in clinical decision-making.
- Facilitates high quality work environment by addressing the
needs of the department(s).
- Ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are available
to provide effective and efficient nursing care.
- Participates in quality programs (e.g. AMI, Stroke, CAP) and
ensures implementation of identified action plans for continuous
- Develops, reviews, and maintains fiscal budget within
- Assures staffing patterns are flexed according to unit activity
and patient acuity.
- Analyzes budget variances and Implements appropriate action
- Develops and manages the annual capital budget, establishing
equipment priorities based on patient needs and revenue
- Identifies and implements major hospital cost savings.
- Facilitates professional growth and development of staff.
- Demonstrates accountability for human and material resource
- Complies with HR policies and procedures. Ensures that job
standards are understood by employees.
- Ensures effective delivery of competent, compassionate nursing
- Establishes strong, working relationship with physicians.
Develops inter-professional processes and achieves efficiencies
- Engages staff to provide excellent customer service to
- Bachelor's Degree
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the discipline and
five (5) years leadership experience -
Keywords: CHI St. Luke's Health-Patients Medical Center, Pasadena , Director Critical Care Services, Executive , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!