Manager-Financial Planning (Terminals Gulf Region)
Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Position Summary:Partner with teammates in Kinder Morgan Terminals
(KMT) Finance Group to construct and maintain KMT's long and
short-term financial plans, interface with all levels of finance,
commercial and operations teams, and gain an understanding of all
aspects of KMT Gulf's activities for the purpose of developing
accurate forecasts. Through financial models and analyses, seek and
recommend opportunities to improve the company's profitability,
cash flow, and overall financial outlook. Actively stay abreast of
and support KMT's short-term financial planning activities and
monthly accounting processes as needed.Job Responsibilities:
- Consolidate and report bi-weekly earnings in an accurate and
- Supervise staff(s), including mentoring, planning, assigning,
directing/reviewing work, setting goals and timely performance
- Work with KMT's Gulf finance team supporting field operations
in achieving an accurate and efficient budgeting process including
all financial facets of KMT's business.
- Provide market research on relevant commodities and prepare
presentations for management.
- Provide meaningful analysis and explanations on variances to
prior forecast and budget.
- Prepare reconciliations and reports for internal and external
use in support of KMT's quarterly earnings reporting.
- Expeditiously create accurate financial scenarios in support of
Senior Management's decision making.
- Design and maintain accurate and timely, complex long range
- Understand and translate financial forecasts, actuals, budgets,
and scenarios into key metrics to be used by Management.
- Articulate and present business outcomes derived from analyses
to various levels of colleagues and management.
- Participate on dynamic projects focused on the continual
evolution of automation, improvement, of business processes, and
overall development of a high-performing finance team.
- Along with other teammates, maintain and administer the
Hyperion forecasting system, including maintaining planning
hierarchies, templates, and reports.
- Support and strengthen our Gulf finance team in all functional
areas and special requests as needed.
- Develop key performance indicators for use within business
regions to help understand profitability, operating margin, and
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in corporate accounting/financial
planning and analysis.
- Exhibit a high degree of initiative and is capable of
performing tasks with minimal supervision
- Extensive experience in excel and financial modeling
- Experienced with computerized accounting systems, budgets,
financial analysis, and management reporting.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP), financial statements, and the accounting process.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must have the skills to communicate effectively in a clear and
concise manner in both oral and written form.
- Must possess outstanding problem analysis and resolution skills
at both a strategic and functional level.
- Ability to work independently to understand, design, and create
complex models and reports is essential.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks simultaneously and
under pressure. Some tasks may have concurrent deadlines.
- Must possess the experience and skills to foresee and
anticipate questions from Senior Management and have skills to
address questions quickly and intelligently.
- Strong preference of O&G industry work experience,
especially Mid-stream operations.
- Contract Review and analysis experience are pluses.
- Must exhibit professionalism and commitment to company
values.Certifications & Licenses:
- Must obtain and/or meet all requirements to enter foreign trade
zones; such as background checks by both the U.S. Coast Guard and
the Department of Homeland Security, i.e. obtain and maintain a
Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug
screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been
extended and prior to being employed.
Kinder Morgan Offers a Competitive Package that includes:
- Competitive wages
- 401(k) Savings Plans
- Retirement Plan
- Comprehensive Medical/Rx and Dental Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Incentive Bonus plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Pasadena , Manager-Financial Planning (Terminals Gulf Region), Executive , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!