Business Development Manager
Company: Zachry Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
PASADENA, TX, US
Growth and Customer Development - Business Development Manager
Growth and Customer Development Group - Houston Area
Zachry Group is seeking a Growth and Customer Development Manager
that identifies prospective work opportunities for the company,
with a focus in the greater Houston area, working out of our JVIC
office in Pasadena, TX. The G & CD Manager conducts presentations
for prospective clients/owners to promote the Company's experience
and capabilities and to cultivate the opportunity to submit a bid
proposal on future work. They also assist in coordinating the
presentation of the proposal estimates and participate in contract
negotiations and renewals. They will report to the Director, Growth
and Customer Development Group.
* Grow sales revenue for Zachry Group services in the greater
* Build effective, long term relationships with customers
* Travel to meet frequently and regularly with customers
* Deliver a steady stream of opportunities (usually in the form of
Requests for Proposal) for various services to our team
* Lead our team including estimators, proposal writers, legal and
risk management support, and operations to prepare winning
responses to customer Requests for Proposals
* Work closely with our operations teammates based in Houston and
* Communicate effectively and frequently with teammates using call
reports, email, and phone
* Continually contacts prospective clients/owners and provides
expression of the Company's interest to submit a proposal estimate
for turnarounds and/or maintenance work.
* Prepares and presents information to prospective clients/owners
regarding Company's construction experience and capabilities.
* Research market and market trends to assist in locating new work
* Coordinates the preparation of proposal estimates. Assists
estimators and legal staff in determining the client/owner project
objectives and intentions.
* Communicates with client representatives and/or engineers to
gather information and clarification regarding project scope.
* Assists management in project contract negotiations.
* Research new product development, industry standards and
processes to assist in preparing client presentations.
* This position requires professional selling skills, knowledge of
the Refining, Petro-Chemical/Chemical and Process services industry
and customer base, customer relationships, ability to build new
relationships, and a self-motivated desire to call on customers to
conduct sales conversations with key decision makers.
* Minimum 5 years' experience selling turnarounds, general
mechanical maintenance, capital projects and/or construction
* Detailed knowledge of turnarounds, general mechanical
maintenance, capital projects and construction industry and
* Demonstrated leadership and ability to work well with others
* Effective verbal and written communication skills to write
succinct call reports and deliver effective presentations
* Time management and organizational skills to plan meetings and
presentations with customers, follow up with customers and team
mates proactively to make sure that their requirements and needs
* Requires travel to customer sites, regional offices, and onsite
* Use of Microsoft office tools including Excel spreadsheets, Word,
Outlook, and PowerPoint
* Bachelor's degree in a related discipline is preferred but
equivalent experience in lieu of education will be considered
* 10+ years of experience in an industrial environment,
petrochemical, process, power, LNG, or industrial maintenance
* The ideal candidate would also have the potential for expanded
Growth and Customer Development roles selling additional industrial
services including turnarounds, general mechanical maintenance,
capital projects and construction.
* Employee will be required to communicate in person, via
telephone, video conferencing apps, email, use of arm/hand
steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi-limb
coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required
to lift, carry, and move objects safely. Position may include
visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring
mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal
protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat,
safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety
vests, gloves and work boots.
* Will work in a general office setting most of the time but will
periodically work in multiple environments including an office,
warehouse, trailer or building on an industrial site. On
construction/industrial sites, noise levels will be moderate to
high. Sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment
vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication
equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling,
and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of
the Growth and Customer Development Manager position. It shall not
be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental
or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EEO/AAP Standard Statement
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work
environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Zachry Holdings, Inc., Pasadena , Business Development Manager, Executive , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!