Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services as a Charge Nurse in the
Intermediate Care Unit!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program and employee stock purchase and student
loan repayment programs. We would love to talk to you about this
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast - Pasadena, TX
Charge (RN) - Medical Telemetry Unit--
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast has been serving the needs of
Southeast Harris County for 55 years. It offers 364 licensed beds,
a NICU, an Advanced Wound Care Center, and a full complement of
hospital services. For more information, visit
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast is affiliated with HCA Houston
Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division.
The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging
facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13
off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. For
more information, visit www.HCAGulfCoast.com
What you will do in this role:
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all
functions during the designated shift.--
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in
necessary education of individual members of the nursing
- Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based
on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative
Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the
unit, in collaboration with other members of the management
- Serves as a role model displaying a positive attitude in a
professional and courteous manner on a daily basis while performing
- Makes assignments for team members based on level of experience
and acuity of patients in the department.--
- Ensures all staff have reviewed educational and policy updates
provided by leadership team.-- Teaches, supervises and serves as a
resource for staff, assists with clinical procedures as
- Provides direct support to team members during all codes and
- Monitors productivity throughout shift and makes necessary
adjustments to staffing levels in order to maintain adequate
- Rounds on patients during the shift--
- Supports and promotes manager and directors decisions and
- Monitors and maintains high standards regarding patient care
and oversees compliance with core measures on applicable
Qualifications What qualifications you will need:
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners as
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, BSN
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical nursing as a registered
- Previous charge nurse experience preferred--
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune s list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500
list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World s Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from the Talent Acquisition team.--
We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking--here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast, Pasadena , RN Charge, Healthcare , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!