Registered Nurse (RN) - CVICU - $35-44 per hour, Days
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare
Posted on: September 23, 2022
HCA Houston Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) CVICU
for a nursing job in Houston, Texas.Job Description &
- Specialty: CVICU
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours, days, flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentDescription SHIFT: Days (rotating
weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-timeDo you have the career opportunities
you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for
you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as
a Registered Nurse (RN) CVICU.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center - Houston, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) CVICU
--HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center is a 444-bed acute care
hospital in the heart of Houston's museum district.-- Established
in 1975, the hospital has been serving Houston for more than 40
years. It provides a wide range of medical services, including
cardiology, bariatrics, orthopedics, neurology, emergency care and
The hospital is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the
HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive
network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers
and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus
Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine
ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a
regional transfer center.
--What you will do in this role:
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:--
Provides general nursing care to assigned patients.
- Acts as a liaison between hospital staff, physician, patient,
and family members.--
- Administers medication in a safe, knowledgeable and accurate
manner. Follows laws, regulations, and hospital policy as it
relates to controlled substances.
- Assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care
for assigned patients, including discharge planning, utilizing an
interdisciplinary team approach.
- Assists the physician with examinations, tests and
- Carries out physician orders in a safe and appropriate
- Communicates with Manager/Director to facilitate efficient
operation of the unit.--
- Completes and demonstrates proficiency with unit based clinical
and age-appropriate nursing competencies.
- Complies with applicable hospital policy/procedure.--
- Coordinates patient care activities on the unit (assignments,
review orders, physician rounds, and patient flow).
- Accurately documents in the patient's record a description of
the nursing care provided.--
- Ethics and Compliance. Accountable for behaviors relative to
the values articulated in the Mission & Values Statement - "Will
act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we
conduct our business and the way we live our lives." Accountable
for attending annual Code of Conduct training.--
- Monitors and observes the patient and accurately records
changes in condition and reaction to medications and
- Notifies appropriate individuals of changes in condition and
utilizes the established chain of command when necessary.
- Participates in hospital performance improvement activities to
improve safety and patient outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.--
- Plans and coordinates patient/family teaching and assesses
understanding of information provided.
- Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork by
exhibiting professional behavior that demonstrates a commitment to
the provision of quality patient care and support of a professional
- Provides care and treatment that reflects appropriate infection
control techniques and universal precautions.--
- Provides orientation, education, and serves as a mentor for
- Respects the patient's privacy and maintains confidentiality of
health care and other information.
- Respects the rights of patients to include their cultural,
psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Responsible for knowing and complying with the rules and
regulations relating to the education, licensure and practice of
the professional nurse as set forth in the Nurse Practice Act,
Texas Occupations Code and/or other statutes and regulations
relating to the practice of professional nursing.--
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the hospital.--
What qualification you will need:
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners as
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's Degree in
Nursing (BSN) preferred
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) Course and Certification
- Three (3) years of Critical Care in ICU or Emergency Room
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500
list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
--If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to
apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly
qualified you will hear from one of our Talent Acquisition Team. We
are actively interviewing so apply today!
--We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Houston Healthcare Job ID #26925-152255. Pay package is based
on 12 hour shifts and 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation).
Posted job title: Registered Nurse (RN) CVICU
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare, Pasadena , Registered Nurse (RN) - CVICU - $35-44 per hour, Days, Healthcare , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!