Hospital Laboratory Director
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: March 9, 2023
This position is incentive eligible.
IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as a Hospital
Laboratory Director you want with your current employer? We have an
exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare
Southeast which is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsHCA Houston Healthcare
Southeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a Hospital Laboratory Director where your passion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and QualificationsDUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Directs operations, programs and activities to meet
organizational and regulatory requirements and to drive
- Ensures adequate and qualified staffing for the department
through timeliness and consistency of staff hiring, orientation,
competency, training, performance feedback and performance
- Develops and recognizes staff through coaching and regular
- Serves as a role model for employee output and conduct.
- Sets and executes department strategies to meet goals for
service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial, patient
satisfaction and personnel management.
- Proactively and regularly seeks feedback and input from
internal and external sources.
- Evaluates and incorporates feedback into the department
improvement and planning process to improve care delivery.
- Oversees the financial operation for the laboratory by
monitoring resource utilization, identifying variances and
opportunities, and adjusting as needed to meet service and fiscal
goals. Prepares Monthly Operating Review report.
- Assures compliance with standards set forth by accrediting
agencies: CAP, JCAHO, CLIA, FDA and CMS. Develops and implements
policies and procedures and verifies annual review of all policies
- Manages key vendor relationships and supply contracts in
coordination with Laboratory Services and Supply Chain
- Develops and implements a communication plan to ensure that
department personnel are well informed. Fosters open communication
by offering, encouraging, and accepting suggestions from staff
regarding department operations
- Directs and organizes operations through the appropriate,
delegation of responsibilities and authority in accordance with
- Monitors and evaluates the activities of the staff and provides
management, coaching, guidance, delegation opportunities, and
on-the-job training and re-training as necessary to ensure
operational efficiency and adherence to policies and procedures
What qualifications you will need:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Medical Technology, Biomedical Science,
Biology or Chemistry required.
- Master's Degree preferred
- National Certification as a Medical Technologist required,
- 7 years of progressive laboratory management experience is
required with complex laboratory operations * Hospital clinical
laboratory experience preferred
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a
medical or religious exemption is approved).HCA Houston Healthcare
Southeast has been a leader of medical care in Pasadena for more
than 50 years. With board-certified physicians, registered nurses
and expert technicians, the community has come to rely on us for
top-quality, comprehensive and compassionate healthcare.HCA Houston
Healthcare Southeast is a full-service acute care hospital and
emergency room in Pasadena, Texas. Our 345-bed facility employs
1,500 staff and 250 physicians.We also offer additional locations
for specific services, such as women's care and emergency care:
- Our Southeast Houston and Pasadena women's care centers provide
expert gynecologic and prenatal care, including midwifery services
and state-of-the-art neonatal intensive care unit.
- HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast's 24 Hour Emergency Care
Center off of Fairmont provides patients with cutting-edge
diagnostics, employer relations services and experienced staff
ready to treat you when you need it most.
- The HCA Houston ER 24/7 in North Channel provides year round
care with board certified physicians, diagnostics and experienced
clinical staff.HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the
World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more
than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated
$3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Hospital Laboratory Director opening. We promptly
review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Pasadena , Hospital Laboratory Director, Healthcare , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...