Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU - Intensive Care Unit - $36-50 per hour
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare
Posted on: March 14, 2023
HCA Houston Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) ICU -
Intensive Care Unit for a nursing job in Houston, Texas. Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ICU - Intensive Care Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights, flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentShift: Nights (Rotating
Weekends)Description IntroductionDo you want to be appreciated
daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line,
empathetic for patients. At HCA Houston Healthcare West our nurses
set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking
a(an) Registered Nurse ICU to join our healthcare
family.BenefitsHCA Houston Healthcare West, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location. At HCA Houston Healthcare West, our nurses
play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is
unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in
nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes
it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their
life - for life - and empowers their passion for patient care.
Apply today for our Registered Nurse ICU opportunity.What You Will
Do In Your Role:
- Performs patient assessments in accordance with standards of
care with documentation of these assessments as a basis for
planning of each patient's care.
- Formulates a plan of care for each patient based on nursing
diagnoses/patient problems derived from patient assessments.
- Delegates nursing care activities to members of the nursing
team based on patient care needs and competencies of available
nursing staff as necessary.
- Communicates information appropriately with Medical Staff and
other members of the health care team to promote continuity of care
and attainment of patient expected outcomes.
- Adapts teaching to the age, developmental level, and cognition
state of each patient to promote maximum understanding.
- Encourages patient or family to make decisions regarding their
care where appropriate.
- Facilitates patient self-care when appropriate.
- Utilizes specialized equipment in the provision of patient care
services safely and effectively.
- Bases professional actions on clinical judgment. Adapts patient
care to individual patient needs and staff competencies.
- Communicates effectively with the Charge Nurse, Manager and
Director to ensure that problems or opportunities to improve unit
activities are addressed.
- Consistently provides outstanding service to all patient's,
physician's, fellow employees, and guests as appropriate to
- Actively participates in department committees and group
meetings with a focus on providing input to improve the quality of
- Consistently demonstrates behavior which reflects that working
as a team is more important than self interest.
- Protects confidentiality of patients/co-workers, respecting
their dignity, privacy, and differences.
- Completes other activities as assigned
- Adheres to the customer service principles of West Houston
- Skills to multi-task and handle multiple demands all at
- Handle situations that require expertise, leadership and
problem-solving. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Previous experience in critical care nursing for at least 1
- Certification in critical care nursing such a CCRN, CVRN
- Current update RN licensure.
- Current CPR and ACLS certification from American Heart
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Registered Nurse
- High School Graduate / GEDBasic Cardiac Life Support, or CPR,
or CPR for Healthcare Providers, or Heart Saver CPR must be
obtained within 30 days of employment start dateThis role requires
you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and
/or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious
exemption is approved).HCA Houston Healthcare West is a
full-service, 300+ bed hospital that has been offering exceptional
care to the West Houston communities for over 30 years. We proudly
provide Houston residents with exceptional healthcare, including a
vast-array of medical services from board-certified doctors and
nationally accredited departments. We are recognized as a Certified
Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and under an
affiliation agreement with The Woman's Hospital of Texas, we are
able to bring our community The Woman's Hospital of Texas at West
Houston, a three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar
Land Cancer Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center,
departments with HCA Houston Healthcare West, provide additional
services to meet the needs of our community. We are members of HCA
Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in
the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the
country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more
accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to
home. HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "The great hospitals will always put
the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great
institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity
for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare
Co-Founder Join a family that cares about every stage in your
career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse ICU
opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team
will reach out.We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.HCA
Houston Healthcare Job ID . Posted job title: Registered Nurse
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare, Pasadena , Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU - Intensive Care Unit - $36-50 per hour, Healthcare , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...