Staff RN I - Med Surg
Company: CHI St. Luke's Health - Patients Medical Center
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Staff RN IOverview
Patients Medical Center (PMC) provides inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services to residents of Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Baytown, and Clear Lake. The facility includes 53 medical/surgical beds, eight ICU beds and three endoscopy rooms, and offers a range of primary and specialized services-wound care, general surgery, gastroenterology, occupational health, heart and vascular, women's services, diagnostic imaging, outpatient rehab services, and sleep disorders for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care through assessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning and implementing intervention and evaluating patient care outcomes. With the staff nurse's professional practice he/she Responsible for participating In and maintaining quality, cost effectiveness and guest relations. Provide patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures and the standards of professional nursing practice as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
* Utilizes the nursing process to ensure appropriate patient care is provided in a cost effective, quality driven, and patient focused manner. Collects pertinent social, psychological, developmental and spiritual data from the patient, significant others and other health care team members.
* Performs as ongoing assessment, formulates nursing diagnosis and goals, plans appropriate Interventions, and evaluates the outcome of the interventions.
* Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal and quality patient care requirements.
* Provides appropriate teaching and information to patients and families including information on Pain Management, Nutrition, Skin Integrity, Fall prevention, Diabetes, Disease Process, Smoking Cessation, and Discharge instructions.
* Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of the patient, Hospital, community and nursing profession through cost containment measures, maintaining confidentiality, appropriate ethical decision- making, and ensuring patient safety.
* Uses Interventions substantiated by research as appropriate in the patient population, Participates in research activities, Identifles opportunities for research, and collaborates with the Outcomes managers and department
* Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates the quality and the effectiveness of nursing practice. Assists in enllestina nualitu data analyzes the data, and formulates action plans to imove muality para
Education and Licensure
Medical Center-Bachelor's Degree for all transfers and new hires
Community Hospitals- Associate's Degree
Registered Nurse (RN)
Minimum Experience *None
Staff RN IOverview
Keywords: CHI St. Luke's Health - Patients Medical Center, Pasadena , Staff RN I - Med Surg, Healthcare , Pasadena, Texas
here to apply!