Company: John Crane Inc
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The CNC Programmer/Operator sets up, writes programs and edits existing programs, and operates numerically controlled machinery. These include but are not limited to lathes, mills, drills, and other machinery as required. This opening is for candidates that are open to Weekend shift (Friday - Sunday, 6am - 6pm) or 2nd shift (Monday - Friday, 6pm - 2:30am) hours. Overtime is available for either shift.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Maintains quality and tolerances within .0003
* Follow written and verbal procedures for machining and other duties.
* Work from work order routings, prints, sketches, layout sheets, written and verbal instructions.
* Working knowledge of programming languages and the ability to learn / adapt per machine.
* Must be able to recognize and understand functions of machine parameters with the ability to modify as
* required per supervisor's instructions.
* Utilize knowledge of working properties for a variety of materials such as stainless steel, alloy steel, cast
* iron, brass, exotics, etc.
* Presets tools and may be required to resharpen.
* Inspect work produced using micrometer; bore gage, venire calipers, or other measuring instruments to
* verify conformance to specifications.
* Follow preventative maintenance procedures on equipment as prescribed by supervisor and report operating difficulties of equipment to supervisor.
* Perform duties in accordance with company safety policies, reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
* Make proper labor and time reports.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Keep machine(s) / work area clean and orderly.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Numerical control machining skills experience.
* Between 1 to 7 years CNC machine tool Programming & Operating experience preferred.
* Ability to read and interpret work related machine drawings.
* Complete average to complicated mathematical calculations and resolve elementary technical problems.
* Ability to operate 1 CNC machine tool preferred.
* Experience as a Manual machinist preferred.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customer s' operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Craneis a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
Keywords: John Crane Inc, Pasadena , CNC Programmer/Operator, IT / Software / Systems , Pasadena, Texas
here to apply!