Account Specialist Job
Posted on: May 5, 2020
The Account Specialist is responsible for the Sales Order
Management process, customer satisfaction and support, account
reconciliation, and supporting the revenue stream of Arkema, Inc.
Individuals in this role will have SAP, ISO and related systems
KEY ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Proactively identifies issues and opportunities to communicate
internally and externally.
* Quote list pricing/special arrangements/discounts as agreed to by
sales; assist in collection efforts, respond to technical questions
* Manage customer orders, manage customer expectations, resolve
crisis situations, work with DM to satisfy delivery dates, maintain
master records, handle credits/debits/returns, resolve residuals,
and record complaints.
* Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the order process and
key fields for expected results, ATP, combined settings for
transportation, etc. Understanding of more complicated customer
delivery processes, such as vendor managed inventory, third party
orders, inter-company orders/transfers, and consignment with
* Knowledge of inventory review, ATP checks, product lead-time and
works with plant for product availability and marketing/sales on
* Records Complaints and correctly assigns to investigating party,
understands implications of issues and effectively manages
complaint process. Reviews finding and implications to
* Proactively maintains an ongoing relationship with all customers
both internal and external
* Receives, acknowledges and processes customer orders within 24
hours of receipt
* Provides pricing, availability, and schedule information; with
full understanding of product and packaging options
* Handle credit/debit/return adjustments. Investigate and resolve
residuals on a timely basis. Make credit approvals and adjustments
within authorized limits
* Tracks order activity, and alerts potential delivery problems.
Expedites the delivery of orders. Negotiate optimal mode of
transportation through interaction with Logistics. Resolve crisis
situations during and after hours of operation while not
jeopardizing the customer relationships.
* Strong Knowledge of SAP/ERP Master Data
* May include: inside sales, import, export, collections,
forecasting, Supply Chain, various report requests (SAP BW, WBBR,
* IF IMPORT/EXPORT: Understands international compliance and
required international functions, timely ISF and other required
reporting. May support multiple lines of business and/or
CONTEXT & ENVIRONMENT
The Arkema Customer Service Organization is centralized in
structure but de-centralized in execution as the incumbent will
support a particular Business Unit (s).
Daily functions are conducted in accordance with Arkema, Inc.
Customer Service ISO 9000 Quality & Procedures Manual, Business
Unit Work Instructions and associated documents, Business Unit
Rules s or Guidelines, Company Policies and Procedures, Federal,
State and Local Legal, Tax, Health, Safety and Environmental
Guidelines/Regulations (Includes Robinson Pactman Act, Hazmat,
TOSCA, NAFTA, Product Stewardship, DOT, IMCO, among others.
* Accurate Order entry, communication of issues as soon as
* Monitor orders for on-time delivery or proactively renegotiate
* Follow business specific service rules.
* Creates relationship with customers, gains appropriate business
knowledge. Understands customer order patterns and monitors
changes, reports issues to sales staff
* Knowledgeable in SAP customer master and output settings to
provide consistent information to customers, such as Order
Acknowledgement, ASN, COA, Invoice.
* Maintain or exceed customer revenue and working capital
* Define and communicate issues to a greater extent.
* Assist with process improvement for business specific activities
internally and externally.
* Identify the need for new ISO Procedures; make recommendations
for revisions and/or deletions of ISO procedures.
* Proactively assist team members with daily activities and
training efforts (attend training, identify areas of importance,
and share with team members).
* Ensure the same level of service is applied to all accounts
whether they are assigned specifically to you or a team member.
Clear, two-way communication to team members regarding the status
of customer accounts in a back-up situation.
* Ability to enter and close complaints in each BU's specific
complaint system within BU established service level.
* Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and
* Participates in HES activities provided by site management and
Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
* BS required: Degree in business, marketing, or technical
* 3 - 5 minimum years of experience
* Intermediate Excel skills (V-Look up; pivot tables, etc.)
* Proficient in Power Point
* Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to work in
a team environment. Above average organizational and planning
* Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), problem
solving & decision making skills; presentation skills
* SAP Strongly Preferred
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes
materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer
performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans High Performance
Materials, Industrial Specialties and Coating Solutions. Our
globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the
markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of EUR8.3 billion in 2017,
we employ around 20,000 people worldwide and operate in some 55
countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our
stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and
Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies,
water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and
design, home efficiency and insulation.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Keywords: Arkema, Pasadena , Account Specialist Job, Other , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!