This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility
with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle
company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer
and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and
food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®,
Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs.
Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To
learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe,
clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take
We are hiring a Sr. Human Resources Manager for our
manufacturing facilities in the Houston, TX area. If you consider
yourself someone who is passionate about people and driving and
engaging culture, this may be your next career! In this role you
will be responsible for executing and supporting Human Resource
policies procedures and practices relating to human resources
activity to ensure equitable and uniform application compliance
with applicable laws and regulations and alignment and support of
Corporate and Region business strategies and tactics.
What you will get from us:
• Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects in
partnership with key leaders and showcase your people engagement
talents to impact a company focused on a strong and positive
• Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food
• A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and
well-being of its employees
• Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic,
good-natured and highly skilled.
• Assists corporate senior management for assigned business
groups in human resources related planning development
implementation and evaluation activities.
• Acts as appropriate change agent as well as HR consultant and
key contact for Region HR staff to provide guidance and assistance
to corporate Region management on policy related issues.
• Creates tactical plans, prioritizes and allocates resources,
initiates the implementation of plans and policies, and monitors
and interprets results.
• Lead high volume hourly recruiting strategy.
• Provides appropriate communications within the organization,
promotes direct communication, and promotes employee understanding
of programs, policies, and objectives along with developing
positive employee morale.
• Meets with employees to address concerns, explain corporate
policies and procedures, and mediate differences between employees
• Drives programs to ensure continued union free status by
developing and implementing company policies and procedures.
• Monitors utilization of performance management program and use
of corrective actions to address job performance and other
• Administers HR functions within assigned groups to include
employee relations, compensation, recruitment, training, EEO/AA,
benefits, employment and employee services.
• Identifies opportunities to continually improve organizational
effectiveness efficiency and productivity.
• Investigates a variety of employee-related issues incidents
and complaints resolve disputes and recommend appropriate
• Coordinates with corporate to assure adherence to company
policies for initiating disciplinary and staffing decisions.
• Anticipates and plans for change in human resource area as to:
organizational structure, employee motivation, and staffing total
• Works with management to resolve conflict or controversy to
facilitate achievement of established business objectives.
• Directs functions designed to maintain employee morale and
productivity at a high level (i.e. counseling employees, requesting
advice relative to a company situation, conflict resolution,
• Assists in developing and implementing company policies and
procedures in conjunction with senior management to assure
consistent and good employee relations.
• Provides appropriate communications within the organization
and promote employee understanding of programs policies and
objectives along with developing positive employee morale.
• Coaches and facilitates problem solving for employees and
• Maintains a current knowledge of government laws rules and
regulations regarding employment, recruiting, and employee
relations to ensure legal compliance (consults with Legal
Department as needed).
• Establishes and maintains an effective network of contacts
with Human Resources managers in other companies in the industries
and locations in which the company operates.
• Requires an in-depth knowledge of company policies and
procedures and state and federal law to be applied to a wide
variety of situations is fair equitable and consistent throughout
• Directs trains and develops subordinates.
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package
designed to assist employees and their families with their
financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a
competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
• Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
• Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
• Employee discounts on company products
Years of Experience: 8 - 10 years related experience
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• PHR or SPHR certification
• Bilingual in Spanish and/or Vietnamese (requirement)
• Intermediate proficiency in the operation of a personal
computer in a Windows environment to include the Microsoft Office
Suite and Outlook. Intermediate proficiency with numeric data
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated in-depth working knowledge of U.S. HR laws and
regulations, U.S. HR and employee relations' practices and policies
developed through a combination of classroom training and work
• General knowledge of other U.S. HR disciplines.
• Demonstrated project management ability, demonstrated problem
solving and decision making abilities that reflect the depth of
knowledge focus on the customer and recognition of business
objectives for this senior position.
• Demonstrated ability to research appropriate solutions and
make appropriate recommendations and counseling to engender
confidence and credibility.
• Leading high volume recruiting strategies.
If you’ve made it this far through the description, we think you
should just apply already...
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal
Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to disability,
age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or
other protected classes.