IT Support Engineer II
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon's business. We are known
for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings
deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries
worldwide, every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support
to Amazon Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking
for self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and
motivate teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face.
Together, we take ownership for what we do - whether supporting IT
infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new
Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by
delivering packages directly to them
About The Role
As an IT Support Engineer II, you will use your technical
knowledge and specialized skills to support, build, implement, and
improve technology solutions. You are able to manager large
projects with minimal guidance that affect multiple locations in a
region. You are able to resolve customer issues in time of crisis
to get them working again. You are actively expanding your scope of
knowledge by learning about software design patterns, data
structures, AWS technologies and distributed systems concepts.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including
comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching
401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait
there's more: we don't wear suits and ties! Come as you are because
jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be
your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Troubleshooting difficult IT problems without SOPs
- Planning and coordinating CMs and CM templates.
- Collaborating with internal teams or vendors to execute
- Leading continuous improvement efforts.
- Auditing the quality of work performed and provide constructive
feedback when necessary.
- Automating manual tasks; create/improve small tools that help
make team operations more efficient.
- Serving as the first point of escalation.
- Participating in hiring, training and development of
- Moving up to 49 lbs as well as standing and walking during
shifts lasting 12 hours.
- High School or equivalent diploma
- 3+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service
- Must have one of the following certifications: CompTIA A+,
CompTIA Network+, Cisco/CCNA, Linux (Redhat), Microsoft hardware
(installation), AWS, or other industry relevant certifications
- 4+ years of hands on IT systems or relevant experience in a
commercial production environment
- 4+ years of experience with networking concepts such as DNS,
DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
- 4+ years of experience in each of the following: Microsoft
Administration, Linux Administration, or Cisco IOS (CLI)
- 4+ years of experience troubleshooting skills in a multi-user
high availability environment
- 4+ years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting,
deployment, and liquidation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or IT related field
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert and Microsoft Certified IT
Professional Systems Administrator Certifications
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage high priority projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Pasadena , IT Support Engineer II, Other , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!