Engineering Equipment Operator (Fire)
Company: Department Of Agriculture
Location: New Waverly
Posted on: May 3, 2021
THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of
announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available
source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and
qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the
location and grade for which you applied.
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled
and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found
on theForest Service website.
Learn more about this agency
- Incumbent must have an understanding of fire behavior, fuels,
weather and topography to safely and effectively perform initial
attack on wildland fires.
- Suppression activities may be under immediate supervision,
however, incumbent may be required to conduct suppression
- Operates one or more types of heavy equipment to push, pull,
pile, or load materials such as sand, gravel, and earth.
- Clears brush, tree stumps, and rocks while constructing fire
lines for suppression and prescribed fire activities.
- Adjusts the attachments for proper level, angle, or depth,
according to the work to be done and the type of equipment
- May serve in positions as qualified on wildland and prescribed
- May perform a full range of duties for fire, roads, timber,
silviculture, recreation, wilderness, or research activities.
- Is required to have a good degree of mechanical ability and
skill to perform preventive maintenance and minor repair of
- Transports heavy equipment to job site.
- Work is generally done on flat or rolling terrain with simple
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for fire suppression
or fire related assignments.
5716 Engineering Equipment Operating
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective
Service or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background
investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to
have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check.
To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, visit E-Verify.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Initial appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of
- This is a Test Designated Position. You will be tested for
illegal drugs prior to appointment and randomly thereafter.
Appointment and continued employment is conditional on negative
- Must pass the Work Capacity Test for certain Interagency Fire
Program Management or Fire Program Management positions.
- Willing to live/work in remote locations
- There may be additional Conditions of Employment not listed
here, however applicants will be notified of any specific
requirements at the time a tentative job offer is made.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must possess and maintain a Commercial Driver's License
- Under age 37; or a veteran preference eligible, older than age
37 and is requesting a waiver to the requirement.
- Under age 37; less than age 37 after subtracting the months of
Permanent Federal Service worked in a primary or secondary
firefighter/law enforcement position.
In order to qualify, you must meet the eligibility and
qualifications requirements as defined below by the closing date of
the announcement. For more information on the qualifications for
this position, visit the Office of Personnel Management's Federal
Wage System Qualifications Standards.
Applicants are required to meet the following job elements:
skills, knowledge, ability, and personal characteristics considered
necessary for success on the job.
Selective Placement Factors:
Primary firefighter positions include the following age
requirements: Under age 37 -OR- less than age 37 after subtracting
the months of Permanent Federal Service worked in a primary or
secondary firefighter/law enforcement position -OR- a veteran
preference eligible, older than age 37 and is requesting a waiver
to the maximum age requirement.
FIREFIGHTER RETIREMENT COVERAGE: This is a primary/rigorous
position covered under the special retirement provisions of 5 USC
8336(c) for the Civil Service Retirement System and of 5 USC
8412(d) for the Federal Employees Retirement System.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To receive consideration for this position, you must provide
updated required documents and meet all qualification requirements
by the closing date of this announcement.
Keywords: Department Of Agriculture, Pasadena , Engineering Equipment Operator (Fire), Other , New Waverly, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!