Company: Occidental Petroleum Corp.(Oxy)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge?
Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing,
action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company
continually striving to be the best in the business while staying
focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has
and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North
American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine
and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of
indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water
treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash,
chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates
and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top
three producers in the United States in 2019 for the principal
products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the
company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a
supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our
employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top
performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and
providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are
looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill
the position of Plant Controller with our Chemical Manufacturing
Facility located in Pasadena, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and
safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we
operate and/or transport our products, as our highest
- Provide accounting services to the Houston Pasadena PVC
manufacturing operations by establishing and maintaining control
over accounting activities and records required to properly record
and document financial transactions. This includes cost accounting,
financial month-end and year-end closings, production and inventory
accounting, account analysis, government and third party reporting,
and third party billings.
- Ensure the financial reporting and accounting process is
timely, accurate, and meets management's needs. Directs,
interprets, and maintains the consistent and proper application of
sound and generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting
standards, internal controls, and financial policies, procedures
- Evaluate the accuracy and reliability of accounting data,
effectiveness of existing accounting procedures and controls, and
makes recommendations for improvement. Develops, recommends and
implements accounting practices to promote consistency, application
of best practices, task automation and efficiencies.
- Provide direction to plant management for opportunities focused
in cost management and profit improvement. This includes taking a
leadership position in the financial activities of operating
contracts and service agreements.
- Provide support to various cost programs and initiatives by
providing cost performance data and analysis, training, and
promoting cost awareness.
- Take on a variety of monthly and quarterly reporting duties and
assist manager in ad-hoc analysis.
- Take a lead role in learning and utilizing SAP and any other
- Take a lead role in preparing and organizing the monthly
manufacturing cost outlook and the annual plan for the Houston
Pasadena PVC manufacturing site.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or
Finance (min 18 hours of accounting credit)
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience, preferably in a
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Prioritization, organization, and timely decision making
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as
part of a team.
- Ability to work overtime as required and respond to off hour
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb
ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be
able to wear personal protective equipment be including the use of
a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Knowledge of Planning Analytics.
- Masters in Accounting / Finance.
- Open to future relocation.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status,
political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Occidental Petroleum Corp.(Oxy), Pasadena , Plant Controller, Other , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!