Eddy Current Technician
Company: Alchemy Systems
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing,
Inspection and Certification) Services, is seeking an experienced
Level II Eddy Current Technician, specifically with Pulsed Eddy
Current (PEC) training and experience, to work in the Port Arthur,
TX area. Qualified candidate would be working full time, 40 to 50
hours/week in a nested position, with occasional longer hours and
OT during turnarounds, and opportunities to travel to other
locations including offshore from time-to-time.
Intertek's Industry Services team provides technical solutions
that help customers maximize operational efficiency, ensure asset
reliability, improve quality, and minimize safety risks. Some of
our many service areas include inspection, non-destructive and
materials testing, technical training, engineering, surveying,
QA/QC, and supplier auditing.
- Perform piping, vessel, and tank PEC, often time on Ropes at
client facilities under the direction of a Project Manager, Team
Leader, or independently.
- Prepare PEC/NDE reports and document data in a clear and timely
- Interface with clients on technical matters involving PEC/NDE
procedures and capabilities.
- Provide a professional appearance when interfacing with clients
and other coworkers.
- Possess leadership and organizational skills. Team Player.
- Stay abreast of any new developments in PEC/NDE technologies
that may be applicable in our business.
- A mindset of safety/quality first.
- Eddy Current Level II
- PEC training and experience
- Ropes - IRATA or SPRAT Level I or higher, or the desire and
ability to obtain this training and certification through
- Valid TWIC card.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Able to pass physical exam.
- Must be able to apply examination criteria in accordance with
applicable standards/specifications/procedures on the provided job
scopes and evaluate test results.
- Maintain open lines of communication with coworkers, clients,
- Proficient with Eddyfi Lyft, associated ET software, and
Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to provide clear and technical guidance to other
technicians and subcontractors.
- Ability to organize and report test results.
- Ability to solve technical issues in the field.
- Follow technology advancements in the NDE industries and
provide recommendations to the managers.
- Level II certification in ACFM, RFT, UT, MT, PT
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of
professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our
vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality
Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact
with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed
within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life,
disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of
disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Keywords: Alchemy Systems, Pasadena , Eddy Current Technician, Other , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!