DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV
in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th
largest supplier of global solutions within transport and
logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply
chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing
and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many
offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of
goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over
the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close
to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: USA - Pasadena, Bay Area Blvd
Job Posting Title: Warehouse Operator - 32748
Time Type: Full Time
The Inventory Team Lead is responsible for operating MHEs for
the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting.
Computer data entry is required for receipts, shipments and
inventory maintenance. The Inventory Team lead is responsible for
assisting the supervisor/manager in ensuring the facility is in
compliance with quality standards and overseeing the functions of
the inventory associates and other such staff.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company
objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality.
Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delegating work and responsibility to subordinates.
- Oversee scheduled shifts and evaluating the working of
inventory staff and subordinates.
- Analyzes daily cycle counts and reconciles any discrepancies
between physical count and perpetual record.
- Analyzes directed cycle counts and reconciles any discrepancies
between physical count and perpetual record
- Audit the daily error report and make corrections as
- Generate monthly data from WMS reports indicating monthly and
year-to-date totals of cycle count dollar variances.
- Analyze in/outs transactions on material for validity to the
- Report miscellaneous receipts and issues and take corrective
action as appropriate.
- Distribution leader for Physical Inventory.
- Gain complete knowledge of the on-line Inventory Audit Trail to
facilitate any research toward corrective action.
- Prepare monthly report signifying major problems and updates on
projects or assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned (In transit report, shipping
- Assist with associate relations and training.
- Audit warehouse daily for compliance with safety, security, and
quality principles and rules. Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly
work area. Promote safety among work crew.
- Transmit e-mails to DSV representatives and clients (when
required), write corrective/preventive actions, complete reports
for operations manager, follow-up with attendance reports, write
counseling memos and write/perform evaluations. All communications
must be accurate and professional.
- Assist with conducting daily startup meetings, encouraging
associates to provide feedback and work as a team and help with
their development (training), coordinate operations with manager to
ensure completion of daily objectives, report and discuss any
internal or external issues that involve the operation.
- Provide good communication and motivational techniques and
ensure all company rules are followed. Provide management with
information regarding labor/equipment needs to meet customer
demands. Develop team leaders and ensure that associate
expectations are being met.
- Performs other duties as required
- Assist supervision/management as needed
- Able to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekends,
as required by the operation. Participate in established cross
training matrix activities with the opportunity to improve their
knowledge in multiple areas / departments and be able to assist as
a backup associate when the need may rise.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a High school diploma or general education degree
- 1year experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant
- Able to operate MHE
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
- Satisfactory completion of a forklift training program
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Basic computer skills
- RF Scanners
- WMS functions
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product,
count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling,
storing and distributing client products.
- Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in
a timely manner.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or
- Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a
stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
- 1-3 years' experience working in an inventory department
- 1-3 years forklift experience.
- Current or prior MHE certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses
his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls;
reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear.
The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision
requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs while following proper lifting
procedures. Must be able to stand on feet for up to 8 hours per
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is
exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described above are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are
considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color,
national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status,
marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national
origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require
special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with
DSV, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are
interested in learning the status of your application, please note
you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources
contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV
reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV - Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the
transport and logistics industry. 56,000 employees in more than 80
countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences
and high-quality services - as part of the operation or in a
variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy
responsibility, we'll give you the support you need to explore your
potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com