SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current
role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services as a Stroke Coordinator
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment options. We would love to talk to you about
this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast - Pasadena, TX
Coordinator - Stroke
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast has been serving the needs of
Southeast Harris County for 55 years. It offers 364 licensed beds,
a NICU, an Advanced Wound Care Center, and a full complement of
HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast is affiliated with HCA Houston
Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The
division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging
facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13
off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Responsible for assisting in development of the HCA Houston
Healthcare Southeast Stroke Program.
- The Stroke Coordinator works with professional and
non-professional employees of the hospital and with
- Develops and maintains a good working rapport with all hospital
departments and the Medical Staff.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the quality of care,
efficiency & effectiveness of stroke population.
- Coordinates, develops and implements the HHHS Stroke Program
and ensures stroke protocol compliance.
- Performs concurrent review of stroke patients for core measure
- Enters and analyzes stroke data and reporting as requested,
including dashboards, registries, and regional reporting.
- Ensures reporting deadlines for data submission are always
- Conduct follow up phone calls to patients after discharge home
to discuss hospital stay and follow up with medication compliance
and risk factor reduction
- Provides comprehensive education pertaining to stroke
intervention, prevention and rehabilitation for inpatients and
- Collaborates with Nursing Management and the Education
Department to develop and implement staff and physician
- Represents HHHS in community awareness programs, organizations
concerned with cerebrovascular disease and industry health
- Performs retrospective chart review. (Meditech , HPF,
What qualification you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Current Texas licensure.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association
- 2 years experience, within the last 5 years, in an acute
medical/ surgical/neurological nursing.
- Recent experience is desirable in acute stroke research or
other related area and interventional studies in order to develop
and implement stroke awareness, prevention, risk identification and
stroke scale measurements.
- Ability to use adult education skills necessary in order to
support patient and staff learning and information needs at a level
normally acquired through further training in Adult Education or
- Analytical Skills necessary in order to develop and implement
program plans and effective education techniques and evaluate
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail,
resolve patient care problems and identify patient needs.
- Basic to advance computer skills, Microsoft, Word, Excel and
other database applications.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies
for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500
list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to
apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly
qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.