Pressure systems Engineer
Company: Air Products and Chemicals
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Description and Qualifications
Air Products & Chemicals, Inc., a world-leading Industrial Gases
company is seeking an experienced Pressure Systems Engineer at our
Pasadena, TX facility.
You will be responsible for providing pressure systems support
of facilities owned and operated by Air Products in North America,
primarily on the Gulf Coast. You will interface with operations,
maintenance, engineering, metallurgy, and 3rd party engineering
firms to address fixed equipment engineering challenges in our
facilities. Travel to the plant sites and engineering offices will
be required (35%+/-), with most of the travel being throughout the
Gulf Coast of North America. This position is based at our
Pasadena, TX facility. Examples of specific activities will
- Provide Mechanical Engineering Support for fixed equipment
during planned and unplanned outages. This may include preparing
job scope packages and leading the execution during the
- Develop plans and lead repairs and/or alterations to coded
vessels and fixed equipment, indluding boilers, piping, tanks,
exchangers, etc. in accordance with all applicable codes and
standards (ASME, NBIC, API, Jurisdictional requirements).
- Perform engineering design calculations and/or work with the
Global Engineering Organization and 3rd party engineering
contractors to implement design changes to static equipment and
address operating issues.
- Participate in pressure systems failure investigations.
Implement recommendations as required.
- Support existing processes such as the Global Mechanical
Integrity Program and Management of Change process for fixed
- Particular focus of this position will be on providing
technically acceptable solutions that align with the safety and
profitability of the HYCO Americas business.
- Mechanical Engineering degree (BS) required.
- Experience with design and/or maintenance of vessels, tanks and
- Experience with fixed equipment associated with steam systems
(Boilers, Dearators, convection coils)
- Experience with the design, inspection and repairs of Fixed
Equipment associated with SMR (Steam Methane Reformer) Hyco
- Experience with the design and maintenance of high temperature
insulation and refractory systems.
- Working knowledge and understanding of national statutory /
regulatory inspection requirements.
- Knowledge of inspection/test procedures used to assess vessels,
tanks, piping, and heat exchangers.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate
clearly and effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Desirable to have ASME / API Pressure Vessel, Piping inspection
and design knowledge.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is
essential, inclusion in our culture, and each person knows they
belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid
holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance,
and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be
100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of
Air Products thanks all applicants in advance for their
interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered
for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Air Products and Chemicals, Pasadena , Pressure systems Engineer, Other , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!