Company: Occidental Petroleum Corp.(Oxy)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge?
Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing,
action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company
continually striving to be the best in the business while staying
focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has
and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North
American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine
and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of
indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water
treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash,
chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates
and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top
three producers in the United States in 2020 for the principal
products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the
company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a
supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our
employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top
performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and
providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are
looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill
the position of Production Engineer within our Pasadena PVC Plant
located in Pasadena, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and
safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we
operate and or transport our products, as our highest
- Learn assigned area and be a resource for production and
operations. Work closely with Production Superintendent, Area
Process Supervisor, and production personnel to find ways to
improve the existing plant processes.
- Coordinate with production and maintenance on procedures for
non-routine operation and small outages.
- Provide expertise to reduce manufacturing costs, improve
product quality, and ease system operation. Participate in the
design and implementation of equipment and process improvements,
material of construction improvements, and efficiency and cost
- Assist with the identification, development, installation, and
start up of process improvements. Engineering assignments may
include energy and material balance studies, process equipment
specifications and modifications, and procedure development and
- Coordinate design and start-up of small projects or moderate
- Prepare AFEs for 'small scale' capital projects, and follow
these projects to a successful completion.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering with a minimum 3
years of engineering experience in manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as
part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a
- Good working knowledge of SAP
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs.
Walking, bending, stooping is required.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including
the use of a respirator.
- Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status,
political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Occidental Petroleum Corp.(Oxy), Pasadena , Production Engineer, Other , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!