Area Medical Director - CenterWell - Houston, TX
Company: Humana Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
CenterWell Senior Primary Care, a subsidiary of Humana Inc., is
the new brand for a primary care medical group practice with
centers open or opening in Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana,
Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas.
CenterWell Senior Primary Care has a strong emphasis on
senior-focused primary care for members of Medicare Advantage
health plans and is committed to providing personalized,
high-quality primary care combined with an excellent patient
experience. CenterWell Senior Primary Care has experience in both
the treatment and management of most chronic and acute-care
conditions. The practices also provide health education and
value-added, well-being services at the centers and around their
neighborhoods to help both patients and community members improve
At CenterWell Senior Primary Care, we want to help those in the
communities we serve, including our associates, lead their best
lives. We support our associates in becoming happier, healthier,
and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We
promote lifelong well-being by giving our associate fresh
perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their
careers. Our culture is focused on teamwork and providing a
positive and welcoming environment for all.
The Area Medical Director serves as a health-care professional
and capable of handling a variety of health-related problems. The
Area Medical Director requires a solid understanding of how
organization capabilities interrelate across multiple
The Area Medical Director has similar job duties as a Physician,
namely focusing on outpatient medicine, continuity of care, health
maintenance, and disease prevention. The Area Medical Director is
also responsible for administrative oversight and outcomes for
clinical providers designated to their area. Keeps a medical
history and medical records. Refers the patient to specialists as
needed. Decisions are typically related to identifying and
resolving complex technical and operational problems within
The Area Medical Director will spend 50% of their time
clinically focused on direct patient care, with the remaining time
dedicated to administrative duties related to oversight of clinical
provision of care in their area.
Associate/Area Medical Director (AMD) supports the Regional
Medical Director (RMD) in overseeing the Market
- Clinician's PTO management in collaboration with Center
Administrator, including holiday schedules and as determined by the
- Management of CME time and reimbursement requests.
- Service recovery reports (Patient complaints)
- Guidance to individual clinicians about patient terminations,
in collaboration with compliance.
- Supervise/manage assigned clinicians at site level.
- Manage behavioral concerns pertaining to assigned
- Provider on-boarding as determined by on boarding
- Provider off-boarding as determined by off boarding
- Provide support to on site clinicians with logjams and workflow
- Check in with clinicians at their site routinely.
- Oversight of provider quality and development of workflows to
help close gaps in quality
- Schedule at least one half day at clinic site for onsite visit
- Support clinicians with schedule templates, coverage, daily
- Assist with panel management
- Oversight of quality of assigned team members
- Meet with Regional CAs and other AMD at least monthly
- May be assigned to organizational committees as needed, to
attend and represent the clinical perspective of the market
- Assist in Ongoing Chart Review monitoring
- Assist with recruitment and interviewing as requested.
- Desktop coverage as necessary
- In collaboration with RMD, complete performance reviews as
required (90 day, yearly, etc.).
- Serve as a mentor to help guide clinicians as needed
- Participate as backup on call
- Lead all provider monthly meeting if RMD is not available, with
adequate notice from RMD to allow for preparation.
- Assist in organizing team building activities
- Maintain regular clinic hours for a percentage of FTE as
determined with Regional Medical Director, as detailed on the
clinical job description.
- Serve as a community representative for CenterWell Senior
Primary Care in media and press activities
- May involve supervision of mid-level providers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current and unrestricted medical license in Texas or willing to
obtain a medical license in Texas prior to employment, and eligible
and willing to obtain licenses in other states in the region of
assignment, as required
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited
- Board Certification or True Board Eligibility in Family
Medicine, Internal Medicine or Geriatric Medicine with continued
certification throughout employment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal
relationships and communications with colleagues/patients
- Fully engaged in the concept of "Integrated team based care"
- Willingness and ability to learn/adapt to practice in a value
based care setting
- Superior patient/customer service
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of
CenterWell Senior Primary Care's Tuberculosis (TB) screening
program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be
screened for TB
- Active and unrestricted DEA license
- Medicare Provider Number
- Medicaid Provider Number
- Minimum of two to five years directly applicable experience
- Experience managing Medicare Advantage panel of patients with
understanding of Best Practice in coordinated care environment in a
value based relationship environment.
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Keywords: Humana Inc., Pasadena , Area Medical Director - CenterWell - Houston, TX, Other , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!