Our client is a public community college serving the greater
Houston area since 1961. They are currently looking for two
temporary Account Specialist to join their Veteran Center.
The goal of the Account Specialist, Veteran Service, is to
assist the Senior Accounting Specialist with reconciling veteran
educational benefit accounts.
The Expectations and Responsibilities:
The Account Specialist will have the following
- Review and maintain accurate accounting records for students
receiving veteran benefits.
- Research and resolve complex VA student account
- Consult and collaborate with the Manager to identify VA account
balance issues and potential solutions.
- Facilitate timely, professional communication and problem
The Experience & Education:
- Maintain a personal and professional commitment to the college
values and the success of its students.
- Must be team-oriented with the ability to work well with other
staff and faculty members in the development and administration of
programs within Student Development, as well as throughout the
- Excellent oral & written communication, interpersonal,
organizational and presentation skills as well as possess personal
- Ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously with little
- Ability to safeguard sensitive and/or confidential information
from intentional or unintentional disclosure.
- Ability to meet deadlines for assigned reports and
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree preferred
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Prior experience processing VA educational benefits in the VA
- Knowledge and experience with Banner Student Systems or other
student database software systems.
The pay for this position is $15/hour.
The Schedule is as follows:
May 1 – May 31, 2021 and August
1 – 31st, 2021|Monday - Friday 8am-5pm.
June 1 – July 31, 2021 | 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.| Monday –
Thursday, if needed four hours may be available on Fridays 8 a.m. –
REFERENCE JOB ORDER ID: 148231
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please
If you have questions regarding the qualifications, please
contact Melissa email@example.com or
Amber at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call 713.941.0616
Meador Staffing Application Process:
You can apply by clicking our APPLY NOW button, then filling out
the application, or by searching our available positions and
applying directly to a specific job.