523 - 2621 Spencer Highway, Pasadena, TX - Auto Technician Brakes / Oil / Alignment
Company: Peveto Brake Check
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Automotive Technician will quickly and efficiently conduct a
wide variety of inspections and repair all automotive systems as
needed. Serves as the resident expert in the companies' core
services, such as, fluid exchanges and maintenance services, front
end repairs and braking systems; and deliver superior service
through educating the customer on the problems and proposed
solutions for their vehicle. May be required to provide advice to
and sell customers on automotive services and repairs that are
recommended or required for their vehicle.
- Conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but
not limited to brakes, drivability, steering and suspension,
alignment and maintenance services.
- Responsible for all aspects of diagnosing and repairing a
customers vehicle, as well as, caring for the vehicle while it is
being repaired and properly securing it after the repair is
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with
efficiency and in accordance with Brake Check standards.
- Maintain strict adherence to store policies on vehicle care and
- Keep store management aware of mechanical repair problems as
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to
non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and
customers on an as-required basis.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations
(such as disposal of hazardous waste) mop bays and perform other
sanitation tasks as assigned.
- Operate heavy equipment such as brake lathe, vehicle lift,
spring compressor, alignment machine and tire balance.
- Maintain a clean and presentable workplace; conducts basic
maintenance and cleaning of service bays, equipment, storage areas,
restrooms, break room, lobby, counter areas and outside
- Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in
formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly
changing automotive technology.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum age requirement of 17 years
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Possess a valid driver license with an acceptable driving
record as determined by the insurance carrier.
Desired Education and Experience
- Hands on automotive repair experience
- Working knowledge of shop equipment and repair tools
- Basic PC software knowledge including Windows and basic
Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional people skills with a friendly persona that fosters
trust and comfort with customers and team members.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, high level of motivation
- Must be able to thrive in a fast -pace setting; Go Getter; Must
be accountable and driven to meet goals and objectives.
- Must be reliable and dependable; able to work a flexible retail
schedule to ensure proper coverage of the Store, including
Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Must be able to listen and execute directions with efficiency
- Exhibits an awareness and concern for safety.
- Team oriented and collaborates with others.
- Strong desire for continuous learning.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Will continuously stand on concrete or metal surfaces for
extended periods of time.
- Frequently required to reach overhead and below the knees,
squat, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies
up to 60 pounds without assistance.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate required hand tools,
- Able to climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock
- Occasionally climb in and out of various vehicles.
- Must be able to function well in a physically demanding
environment that frequently exposure to adverse weather
- Daily exposure to chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Normal or corrected sight ability required.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- An acceptable criminal history background check
- Pre-employment substance abuse testing
- Must provide and maintain a full set of hand tools and locking
toolbox or participate in Company Tool Store program.
Brake Check is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all
individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship
status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic
information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Peveto Brake Check, Pasadena , 523 - 2621 Spencer Highway, Pasadena, TX - Auto Technician Brakes / Oil / Alignment, Other , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!