Warehouse CDL Hazmat Driver
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Warehouse CDL Hazmat Driver
- ID: 10573-034
Drives a company provided vehicle to transport and deliver goods
to designated locations. Safely and efficiently operate
vehicles in compliance with Vallen policies and procedures, as
well as Federal and State regulations. The position requires
Class-A Commercial Drivers' License (CDL) with Hazmat
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive company commercial vehicles (CDL required vehicles) to
transport and deliver goods to designated locations in a safe
manner and in compliance with all State and Federal DOT standards
- Properly and safely secure loads and assure loads are within
- Prepare receipts, verify count and condition of freight, and
may collect payments for deliveries.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with manager to receive
- Make reports of overages, shortages and damages as needed.
- Inspect vehicle equipment and supplies such as tires, lights,
brakes, gas, oil and water; Report any defects and/or
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires,
installing light bulbs, tire chains and spark plugs.
- Report vehicle accident/incident immediately to
- Operate material-handling equipment safely and efficiently as
- Maintain a truck log according to State and Federal
- Interact and maintain positive customer relations at all
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Valid Class-A CDL w Hazmat endorsements.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a current DOT physical
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
- 3+ years or more experience and /or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Class-A CDL required.
- Forklift experience
- DOT knowledge and safety
- Familiar with different style trailers and how to hook them
- Pulling 16' - 53' trailers
- Tractor Trailer experience
- Backing up trailers
Relevant experience should include:
- Basic computer knowledge and proficiency and/or a demonstrated
technical aptitude to learn; preferred technical skills to include
but not limited to MS-Office products, Vista, Control, SX.e,
- Ability to pass written and driving equipment tests.
- Previous forklift/cherry picker experience.
- Basic safety knowledge (i.e., proper lifting techniques,
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and may be
implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
essential functions of this position.
- An associate in this position is regularly required to sit;
walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel a computer mouse or
other computer equipment; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear;
use hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects;
stand, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged
periods of time.
- Must be able to move or traverse considerable distances during
the course of the workday.
- Must frequently be able to kneel or crouch to inspect
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift
and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance.
- Frequently operate a computer a scanning device, computer,
copier, fax machine and telephone.
- Frequently operate a dolly, pallet jack and other material
handling equipment in loading and unloading supplies.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure to bright lights, extreme hot and cold weather, loud
noise, dust, gas and, or fumes.
- Occasionally work long and varied hours required.
- Occasionally work mandatory physical inventory.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain
solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of
maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety, and electrical
products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in
facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is
headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA,
part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid
Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible
Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance
Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, and a
definitive career path.
Keywords: Vallen, Pasadena , Warehouse CDL Hazmat Driver, Other , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!