Patients Medical Center (PMC) provides inpatient and outpatient
medical and surgical services to residents of Pasadena, Deer Park,
La Porte, Baytown, and Clear Lake. The facility includes 53
medical/surgical beds, eight ICU beds and three endoscopy rooms,
and offers a range of primary and specialized services-wound care,
general surgery, gastroenterology, occupational health, heart and
vascular, women's services, diagnostic imaging, outpatient rehab
services, and sleep disorders.
ResponsibilitiesAssist the physician and registered nurse in caring
for patients undergoing endoscopic procedures. Responsible for
maintenance and disinfection of endoscopic equipment and
accessories. 1. Cleans and disinfects endoscopes and accessory
equipment as per manufacturer guidelines
2. Properly documents the cleaning/disinfection of all endoscopes
on appropriate logs
3. Prepares accessory equipment for sterilization and delivers
these to Central Sterile Processing at the end of day
4. Documents dates of change of disinfection solution, solution
quality testing and reprocessing equipment filter changes 5.
Responsible for assessing equipment on a daily basis and
notification and escalation of any equipment damage and repair
needs to appropriate channels and to assigned unit leader
6. Responsible for set-up and clean-up of procedure room, supply
carts, pre and post procedural areas and equipment
7. Performs as an assistant to the physician during diagnostic and
therapeutic procedures as directed by the physician or registered
8. Cleans and re-stocks room and unit supplies and accessories
9. Performs transporter duties as necessary
10. Provides assistance with skilled nursing care as directed by
11. Assists with orientation of new personnel
12. Delivers and picks up lab specimens and patient care supplies
13. Provides delegated clerical support
14. Communicates with patient's family, physicians, and unit
personnel and peers in an accurate, courteous and professional
15. Other duties as assigned
Qualifications*High School Diploma/GED *One (1) year of patient
care experience *Must be able to perform and adapt to a fast paced
and busy environment Ability to work in the following environments:
patient care unit areas (nursing unit, outpatient clinic), exposure
to human/animal blood, body fluids, or tissues, exposure to harmful
chemicals, and radiation.
* Ability to use a computer or keyboard continuously on a daily
* Ability to stand on a daily basis continuously.
* Ability to walk, to reach, lift/carry up to 10 pounds, and
push/pull up to 50 pounds - frequently, 34%-66% of the time.
* Ability sit, lift/carry 10-50 pounds, and push/pull more than 50
pounds - occasionally up to 33% of the time.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.