Endoscopy Tech II
Company: CHI St. Luke's Health–Patients Medical Center
Posted on: September 11, 2021
Medical Center (PMC) provides inpatient and outpatient medical
and surgical services to residents of Pasadena, Deer Park, La
Porte, Baytown, and Clear Lake. The facility includes 53
medical/surgical beds, eight ICU beds and three endoscopy rooms,
and offers a range of primary and specialized services—wound
care, general surgery, gastroenterology, occupational health, heart
and vascular, women’s services, diagnostic imaging, outpatient
rehab services, and sleep disorders.
a wide range of specialized duties in the endoscopy setting. They
must already have the skills of an Endoscopy Technician; possess a
thorough understanding of endoscopy equipment, high level
disinfection of scope and devices; and supplies and display
above average interpersonal communication skills, with the ability
to interact with staff, physicians, vendors, and other department
Perform tech 1 duties
2. Daily accountability of available scopes, equipment, and
supplies for use, assist with scope repair and loaner process
( in the absence of the lead or tech supervisor or as
designated by the unit leadership
3. Accurate record keeping and maintenance of scope cleaning and
reprocessing steps and equipment disinfection/sterilization
process. Able to assist and identify air scope repair and loaners
process in the absence of the lead or tech supervisor, or as
designated by the unit leadership.
4. Plays a supportive role in assessing needs of unit for changing
par levels of equipment and accessories and relaying such
information in a timely manner to the lead or tech supervisor and
or unit leadership.
5. Assists with in servicing staff on all new equipment and
accessories, as well as helping to in-service staff on other
equipment and procedures as needed. Assist with annual competencies
of endoscopy staff.
6. Assists with initiation and follow up of scope washer
maintenance...i.e. solution checks, solution and filter
7. Assists with troubleshooting of Pentax equipment, i.e. video
processors and monitors.
8. Scope Knowledge: regarding image quality, color levels,
air/water functioning, channel sizes and compatibility with
9. Is a resource for physicians and staff with the ProVation and
10. Serves a mentor or preceptor to new technical staff
11. Troubleshooting electrical issues/ contact Biomed as
Technical Specialist (GTS) preferred ; GTS or Advanced GI
Technical Specialist (AGTS) is required at BSLMC
(4) Years of patient care experience, of which one (1) year as an
Keywords: CHI St. Luke's Health–Patients Medical Center, Pasadena , Endoscopy Tech II, Other , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!