Posted on: October 9, 2021
Project Engineering prepares schedules, aligns resources, and
performs technical activities related to engineering projects.
While referred to as Order Engineering in some areas, employees in
these roles may also be responsible for managing vendors and
tracking project schedules to ensure projects are completed
according to plans. While there are multiple business card titles,
Project Engineering roles typically involve organizing team
resources to ensure coordination and overall quality control of the
Provides engineering and technical support to all Services and
Solutions personnel, Sales and customers to develop the best
possible solutions to aftermarket jobs. Conducts technical
interpretation of specifications, procedures, policies, quality,
and equipment reliability to the various people that they interact
Develops detailed production drawings and manufacturing
instructions as required for custom components and
“engineered-to-order” products given prescribed performance
• Supports production by providing tactical advice and guidance on
specification deviations and waivers and participates in Material
Review Board activities where required.
• Provides primary customer interface/support to other internal
functions, providing technical guidance to clarify project
• Prepares project plans in accordance with customer/contract
• Coordinates Project Engineer resources and directs activities in
- Work with other Design Engineers to drive timely completion of
upgrade orders. Help to break down barriers to improvement
cycle time for upgrade programs.
- Act as point of contact for issues related to work assigned to
GTEC. Collaborate effectively and support on any technical
issues that may arise on assigned workload.
- Provides tactical advice and guidance to manufacturing and
suppliers regarding deviations and waivers to specifications
- Ensure that data is maintained in engineering systems; process
engineering change notices; submit corrective action
recommendations; and maintain current, accurate, and organized
- Work with other aftermarket engineers to investigate production
problems relating to design or quality. Report findings and
implement permanent improvements and solutions.
- Provide technical guidance and support for new customer
- Provide guidance to sales, tech services, service centers &
customers and leads development of the work scope required in
solving equipment problems through pump modifications & upgrades
via technical/commercial proposals.
- Provide guidance in support of service centers in the
inspection & analysis of pump elements.
- Work closely with QRC engineers to ensure records, and
documentation of changes are documented appropriately to ultimately
drive completion of ACN and proper update of pump records.
- Identify and implement new/improved design standard and
procedural documents as needed.
- Identify and implement improvements pertaining to RVX & RHWX
technical fulfilment of job
- Meets project
timelines for engineering documentation and gathers approvals at
the first issue
- Ensures customer
satisfaction, accuracy, and timeliness of customer
- Provides rework or
resubmittal documentation in agreed upon cycles to obtain
- Provides non-conformance report resolutions for
- Meets the reporting requirement applicable for the
- Must meet all established safety
- Meets Engineering KPIs
- Compliant and timely Design Review reporting
Keywords: Flowserve, Pasadena , Engineer, Other , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!