Posted on: January 16, 2022
Celanese is a Fortune 500 global chemical innovation company
that engineers and manufactures chemicals used in products
essential to everyday living. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, we
employ over 7,700 dedicated people working between 43 facilities
across 18 countries. We are committed to employee growth and
creating shareholder value to ensure continued opportunities make a
difference. Our company focuses on the safety of its employees,
provides competitive compensation (including benefits starting day
1), and emphasizes giving back to the community. For more
information about Celanese and our products please visit
- This role exists to help drive our team toward excellence in
stewardship performance while operating our manufacturing assets.
Drives environmental and stewardship compliance in accordance to
the 4 core principles (no harm, 100% quality, 100% reliability,
- Leads field reviews of safety and environmental policies with
24/7 Team, Core Team, and Unit Team.
- Develops and engages the Core Team in safety leading
- Tracks established Environmental and Safety compliance
parameters. Troubleshoots and escalates if any deviation or
violations may have occurred.
- Completes field assessment of stewardship execution, develops
and administers feedback measures, then reviews results for drift
prevention and future alignments
- Troubleshooting and RCA skills.
- Teamwork and ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to capture, track and improve metrics related to safety
performance in the Unit Team.
- Train and coach others on stewardship leading indicators,
proactive measurement, near misses, best practices, stewardship
programs, initiatives, Tier III policies, etc.
- Working knowledge of Celanese EHS policies and procedures.
- Self directed to monitor field performance (Celanese,
contractor, visitors) and provide recommendation for improvement,
and/or redline updates for the site Safety Program Owner to drive
- Drive employee engagement and safety culture in the operating
- Active member in operational programs such as MOC reviews, SOP
change proposals, Alarm Management, etc.
- Develops safety plan for Operational Turnarounds and/or special
10+ years of experience in chemical manufacturing or refining
industry in operations, safety, emergency response, environmental,
or other direct support function
- 5+ years experience directly as a safety professional
- Understanding of Process Hazard Analysis techniques
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines pertaining to manfucturing
- Experience with behavioral based safety program
- Either CSP certification with any 4 year college degree, or
process technology associates degree
Keywords: Celanese, Pasadena , Stewardship Leader, Other , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!