Posted on: March 14, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for identifying and implementing
Process Safety Management (PSM) programs, improve existing PSM
programs and strengthen overall performance at manufacturing
facilities, and assure compliance with global PSM regulations. May
supervise 1-3 employees. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct Process safety management audits to ensure compliance
with OSHA standards
- Manage the Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) process at all
locations. This includes training of facilitators, scheduling of
PHA's, application of Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) and
Safety integrity level (SIL) techniques and tracking of results
reports and corrective action items.
- Share PSM best practices among sites
- Define and provide input to plants concerning recognized and
generally accepted good engineering practices (RAGAGEP) such as
NFPA, ASME, API, and NEC.
- Partner with Site Operations and Technical Mangers to provide
process safety support and align site procedures/processes to
corporate PSM programs.
- Define and implement standard work processes, including PSM
training and operating procedures, inherent safety design
procedures, HZOP, etc. at all facilities. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Safety, Engineering, Chemistry, or other technical degree
with PSM experience.
- Additional professional certification and/or a graduate degree
in Engineering or Process Safety type education.
- Certification in Incident Investigation, Process Hazard
Analysis, Facility Siting, Dust Hazard Analysis, or other relevant
process safety programs.
- Professional experience in PSM and RMP best practices for
petrochemical and/or chemical plants.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing, and executing a PSM
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and mitigating process
- Exceptional leadership, ownership and communication skills
- Demonstrated audit experience in PSM management positions in
the chemical or petrochemical industry
- Expertise in knowledge-base and application of RAGAGEP P.E.
registration, CHMM, CSP, CIH or equivalent is a plus
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Demonstrate a knowledge of plant Engineering and
process safety management Demonstrate familiarity with OSHA PSM
requirements Demonstrate understanding of state and federal
regulatory laws Demonstrate adequate computer literacy to allow
manipulation of Afton's routine EHS applications Demonstrate oral
and written communication skills which are clear, concise and
effective Able to handle several projects and tasks simultaneously
Demonstrate effective organizational and time management skills
Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills Detail Oriented -
Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or
task. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, Lotus
Keywords: Experis, Pasadena , PSM Specialist, Other , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...