Company: Sudden Service, Inc.
Posted on: September 17, 2023
- Consults with Service Manager to plan effective work and travel
schedule, giving priority to customer need, considering location of
machine and availability of parts.
- Diagnoses malfunctions; repairs and/or replaces worn and
defective parts; installs new assemblies, adjusts devices and
controls - to correct malfunctions and to keep machines in
- Provides tools and parts and arranges for facilities to perform
repair work (usually on customer premises).
- Inspects, operates, and tests machine upon initial delivery, at
specified inspection intervals, and upon completion of any repair
work to ensure proper functioning of equipment and its
- Reports to Service Manager such information as name of
customer, description of machine, nature of malfunction, the time
involved in working, driving, and waiting, mileage, etc. so that
proper accounts can be charged and proper billing can be made.
- Performs preventative maintenance service to generator sets to
include changing engine fluids and filters, inspecting the gensets
AC and DC systems, belts, hoses, exhaust systems, and other
components. Responsible for load bank testing and testing automatic
transfer switches. Responsible for filing the proper paperwork and
checklist pertaining to each inspection.
- Strives to increase technical skills through attendance at
company-sponsored vocational schools, annual training meetings of
departmental personnel and reading of technical literature.
- Promotes and enhances company image by maintaining a neat,
personal appearance and by keeping the service truck in a clean,
polished, and orderly condition.
- Experienced or advanced servicemen are expected to serve as
troubleshooters on recurring or unusual problems, conferring with
Engineering, Manufacturing, and other service personnel to
- Experienced servicemen will be expected to train new servicemen
or to supervise a team of servicemen in the assembling or servicing
of large units or in a joint effort on large repair jobs Job
- High School Education or GED equivalent.
- Must have valid driver's license and good driving record to be
insurable by corporate insurance carrier. Must be able to obtain at
least a Class D Drivers License.
- Must have experience with diesel and/or gas engines including
servicing and repairing.
- Have some Electrical experience and general knowledge of wiring
including reading Diagrams, installation and repair of electrical
components and circuits. AC and DC
- Experience with Power Generation would be a plus.
- Must have good technical problem solving and trouble shooting
- Must know how to use a multimeter.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must work well with others and possess good people skills.
- Must have a professional attitude, and be able to work with
customers on a one on one basis.
- Job requires stooping, bending, climbing, and capability of
lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Required on occasion to stay overnight at out of town
- Required to be on call rotation 24/7 at times.
Keywords: Sudden Service, Inc., Pasadena , Generator Tech, Other , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!