Inspection Technician/Drafter, Pumps
Company: SPX Flow
Posted on: November 19, 2020
For over 140 years our products have helped ensure the safe,
reliable operations of key industries. With a passion for precision
and partnership, Celeros Flow Technology continues this heritage of
high performance and dependability, providing mission critical,
sustainable flow control solutions for our customers around the
Celeros Flow Technology is looking for individuals with a voice and
a vision. We embrace change, diversity and promote new ways of
looking at old ideas. We seek talented professionals to join our
world-class team of innovators in a global, collaborative &
multi-cultural environment, where you will be challenged,
supported, and inspired to be extraordinary.
INSPECTION TECHNICIAN/DRAFTER, PUMPS
As Drafter/Modelling Technician your prime responsibility will be
the data gathering, measuring, material analysis and laser scanning
of rotating equipment components. In addition, this role would act
as a support function in planning for repair jobs within the
facility. It is expected that your key drivers and focus will be on
accuracy, quality, client satisfaction and the performance of key
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversee and coordinate our re-engineering program
* Accurately measure rotating equipment components using
traditional measuring techniques (micrometers, Vernier calipers,
thread gauges etc)
* Generating 2D sketches of all components
* Creating 2D manufacturing drawings of simple turned parts
* Identification of materials
* Capture cloud data of complex components using CMM equipment and
* Post processing of scan data and preparation for data transfer to
* Photographing and reporting on component condition
* Accurate data entry into drawing registers
* Storage of all electronic and hardcopy documentation into correct
* Support workshop team with processing used components for
* Assessment of raw material for use in manufacturing process
* Inspection of manufactured parts - manual measurements and
* Capture cloud data of manufactured complex components using CMM
equipment and laser scanners, compare scan data to design
* Generate inspection reports based on the above
* Inspection of component to engineering drawings & tolerances.
* Assist team with inspection of components
* Ability to assist workshop technicians with strip and build of
* Ability to assist facility planning team as needed with building
work scopes, generating shop reports or other
* Read and comply with workshop instructions based on maintenance
methods, techniques, or approaches.
* Developing and managing effective relationships with internal
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* The ability to work independently performing basic pump service /
maintenance activities, including taking accurate measurements,
completing documentation, and referencing proper standards /
documentation to ensure quality craftsmanship.
* The ability to use hand tools (wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers,
impact tools, hammers, mallets, etc.) effectively.
* Proficient on reading engineering drawings and specifications
* Strong math skills, including percentages and the ability to
* Strong mechanical aptitude around a variety of various machinery
* Strong computer skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills for daily interaction with customers
and fellow employees.
* Safety oriented.
* Good communication in both verbal and written.
* The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
* The ability to work with minimal supervision while following
* Quality oriented, with attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* A high school diploma
* 5+ years experience in Inspection, Quality or Manufacturing
* 3+ years of planning experience is desirable
* 3+ years of drafting experience in AutoCAD, solid works or other
3D Modeling software working on complex parts
* Mechanical Engineering or related field is desirable.
* Experience repairing at least 3 of the following pump types: API
overhung (OH1-OH4), between bearing (BB1-BB5), multistage, ANSI,
vertical turbines, positive displacement or piston.
* Experience with other types of OEM Brands is a plus.
Celeros Flow Technology is an equal opportunity employer
Keywords: SPX Flow, Pasadena , Inspection Technician/Drafter, Pumps, Professions , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!