On-Site Applications Engineer
Company: Flowserve Corporation
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Role
Summary: The Application Engineer sees it all-design,
manufacturing, installation and operation of our pumps and seals at
our customers' sites in the oil and chemical industries. In this
challenging position the Application Engineer (AE) provides
real-time technical support to our customers, and provides
recommendations for repairs, upgrades, and replacement equipment.
The AE is actively engaged in troubleshooting problems and
implementing solutions onsite at nearby customer facilities and at
our repair center in Pasadena, TX. Responsibilities &
- Communicate the needs of customers to Flowserve and be the
customers' primary source of information regarding design,
application, installation, operation, and maintenance of our
centrifugal and liquid ring vacuum pumps, and mechanical
- Act as liaison between customers and Flowserve's sales
engineers, reliability engineers, customer service, and
- Troubleshoot technical problems at our customers' sites and
in-house at our Flowserve Quick Response Repair Center.
- Complete projects requiring both hands-on and mathematical
approaches such as failure analysis reports, product performance
- Evaluate reports and data to support recommendations for
improvement, replacement, or repair of equipment.
- Present clear verbal and written technical explanations to
customers, tailoring content, and style to the audience.
- Implement and administer the mechanical seal standardization
and customer specification process.
- Help organize and ensure monthly "Bad Actor" meetings to
maintain visibility on equipment performance.
- Provide technical guidance about successful installation and
operation of our products, ensuring that standardized installation
procedures are followed.
- Maintain data regarding customers' equipment and parts
inventories, responding with appropriate actions regarding
inventory reduction and consolidation.
- Maintain data in engineering systems; process engineering
change notices; submit corrective action reports; and maintain
current, accurate, organized files.
- Help conduct technical training as needed for our customers.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- Knowledge of the design, materials, and operational
requirements of mechanical seals and rotating equipment, especially
centrifugal and liquid ring vacuum pumps, required.
- Must have a strong customer focus and project a positive
- Must be a team player, able to problem-solve and work with
constructively with customers and co-workers.
- Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and
work to specific deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate and savvy.
- Local travel using personal vehicle, and some overnight travel
- Some physical activity required (e.g., walking large customer
sites, and ascending/descending ladders and staircases in
- May be required to meet certain medical and physical
requirements to perform duties on customer operating facilities.
Preferred Experience / Skills: Preferred:
- All levels of experience will be considered, including new
grads and mid-career. In-plant operations experience highly
desired. \#COS Job Advertising Title: On-Site Applications Engineer
Primary Posting Location: Pasadena, Texas US Job Posting Category:
Engineering/R&D Employment Type: Full time Country: United
States Auto req ID: 55274BRFlowserve is an equal opportunity
employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race,
gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn
more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or
employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay
or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click
here to learn more.If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your
disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending
an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond
to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as
your subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Pasadena , On-Site Applications Engineer, Professions , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!