Test Lab Technician
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Guardian is looking for a Test Lab Technician to join our team.
This position will be based out of our HQ in Pasadena, TX working
out of our new test lab! Looking for someone who has prior
experience working in a lab that is eager open to learn. Prior
experience in fall protection not required.
The role will involve undertaking physical testing and reporting of
fall protection, drop prevention, lifting equipment, engineering
systems, foreign material exclusion (FME), environmental testing
and generating test reports and communicating/supporting the
product development, engineering, and compliance teams throughout
the entire product development cycle and beyond.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducting testing for all organizational product offerings,
including, but not limited to Fall protection, drop prevention,
Lifting equipment, Engineering systems, Foreign Material Exclusion
(FME), and Environmental testing
- Generating written and digital test reports
- Logging test data and tracking of key performance metrics
- Analyzing test data and formulating performance-based
- Preparing test samples prior to conducting testing
- Supporting the compliance team through creation and upkeeping
of technical documentation
- Maintain tidiness of test lab and sample storage.
- Disassembly and sorting of test samples for
- Support the engineering team through modification and testing
- May also be required to support compliance team when dealing
with key stakeholders and
- adhering to site and laboratory safety procedures
- Ensure auditable data is produced in line with quality
- Assist in creation of and follow project plans, standard
operating procedures, and risk assessments
- Support in the development of test methods and procedures
- Identification of corrective action to allow further product
- Proficiency and Knowledge of working in a testing
- Associates Degree and 1+ years related experience or 5+ years
in industry specific related experience, if no degree
- Proficiency in ISO 17025 - Laboratory Management Systems
- Proficiency in ISO 9001 - Management Systems
- Knowledge of Voluntary Consensus Standards (ANSI, CSA, EN,
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. General
proficiency in Windows and Adobe Ability to read and interpret
- Demonstrated knowledge of warehouse material handling processes
and related code requirements
- Ability to use critical thinking and evaluating EHS risks
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal and
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to effectively present information in business-friendly
and user-friendly language and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, and customers.
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and
meet critical deadlines --- Highly self-motivated and self-EHS
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and
communications skills (both written and oral) with keen attention
- Previous ability to interact with engineering independently and
successfully, business development, project management and sales
- Some domestic travel may be required (
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This position requires sitting for extended amounts of time.
Some lifting, bending, reaching, and squatting throughout the shift
while filing, sorting and moving product. Must be able to lift,
pull, push, and move up to 40 pounds.
Keywords: Guardian, Pasadena , Test Lab Technician, Professions , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!