Posted on: November 18, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering
company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of
making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including
chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare,
manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are
used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for
hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics
manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also
delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support
customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions
reductions. For more information about the company, please visit
our website at www.lindeus.com .
Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is seeking a Shipping/Receiving
Supervisor to join our team located in Pasadena, TX.
The Shipping/Receiving Supervisor will report to the
Shipping/Receiving Manager and is responsible for overseeing the
loading and unloading of all shipments within the facility and
ensuring on-time delivery of all domestic and export shipments. The
key responsibility of this role will be supervising a team of
shipping and receiving personnel to execute departmental objectives
to meet customer satisfaction requirements.
- Supervises all shipping, receiving, and final prep personnel
and is responsible for personnel management of all shipping and
receiving staff to include conducting annual evaluations, employee
development, hiring, training and disciplinary actions as
- Plans work assignments and daily work-flow schedules and makes
necessary adjustments based on capacity, priorities, anticipated
delays, and available workforce, while making efforts to control
- Provides safe working environment for shipping and receiving
personnel and addresses deficiencies swiftly and completely.
- Oversees loading and unloading of all shipments and is
accountable for accuracy to maximize optimum shipping times.
- Coordinates shipments with production, sales, customer service,
procurement, and other Electronics facilities, as necessary.
- Responsible for the delivery of all domestic and export
- Tracks and monitors shipments for on-time delivery and notifies
customer service of any potential shipment problems.
- Solves shipping and receiving related issues with deliveries to
- Ensures personnel perform correct goods receipts in internal
- Ensures that shipping personnel are trained against applicable
regulatory requirements including: 49CFR, Multi-modal Hazardous
Materials, 10CFR Part 30 (FTR) and Part 730-780 (EAR), 19CFR Part
0-200 (CBP DHS Regs).
- Ensures processes and training exist for personnel regarding
package labeling and marking in accordance with applicable
- Ensures all HAZMAT and DOT required documents are completed and
- Maintains working knowledge of international import export
- Collect and analyze data regarding shipping and receiving
- Sets and monitors goals for continual process improvements
- Reviews and updates all process controls and SOPs.
- Overseas and maintains Final Prep Stock inventory and shipping
- Various other duties and responsibilities as directed.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree strongly
- Minimum of 5 years logistics, shipping, receiving, dock/office
operations background preferred.
- Functional knowledge of Fed Ex, LTL & TL operation
- Functional knowledge of US In-Land Bills of Lading
- Multi-modal Hazardous Materials Shipment Certification (DOT,
IATA, IMDG) preferred
- Proficiency with SAP, Independent Shipping Software, Microsoft
Office Products and Windows required.
- Ability to read/interpret government and international
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and understand DOT and internal compliance
policies and procedures and relate them to others.
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict.
- Strong reasoning and proven analytical and problem-solving
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde, Pasadena , Shipping Supervisor, Professions , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!