Sr Production Engineer
Company: Monument Chemical
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Monument Chemical in Bayport is seeking qualified candidates for
a Sr Production Engineer.
The Sr Production Engineering role oversees operation of
distillation projects and hydrogenation reactors, acts as a
technical resource for operations personnel, applies technical
skills to optimize plant operations, to implement and commission
yield improvement and cost saving projects, participates in
procedure reviews and development, operator training, and site
Essential Functions / Key Accountabilities:
As a Sr Production Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the operation of distillation projects and/or
- Understanding/Learning how equipment associated to the campaign
- Understanding and working with plant utilities.
- Working with the Operations Director to provide data and
chemical engineering support for specific product
- Working closely with Technical Advising and plant personnel to
optimize operations and meet plant goals.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance personnel to ensure that
all product specifications are met.
- Assist the Engineering Department in developing cost-effective
projects to optimize production and minimize working
- Develop procedures for items already in production or to be
produced in the future.
- Preparing and enhancing operating instructions.
- Troubleshooting plant operations when actual operations does
not meet the expected operation.
- Generating reports that detail and summarize a specific
campaign effort - Reports include mass balances, process data
analysis and de-bottlenecking proposals.
- Developing and maintaining campaign specific schedules to meet
- Ensuring campaigns are running efficiently by working with
plant personnel, technical advisors, and data analysis.
- Actively participating with operators in the field to help
identify process and safety improvements.
- Communicating technical information and issues to plant
personnel at all levels within the organization, when
- Help to optimize the disposition of the waste (water and
organics) generated in each project, to improve cost
- Lead quarterly improvement meetings with Technical Advising
personnel for the main projects.
- Lead pre-campaign meetings prior start-up to discuss all items
related to the project execution.
- Lead post-campaign meetings after each campaign to discuss what
went right or wrong and potential improvements for the next
- Collecting utilization data from all CTL's and generating
monthly dashboards for distribution.
B.S in Engineering
Experience / Required Skills:
- A minimum of 5-7 years work experience in an engineering
- Must be willing to participate in our 24/7 production facility
call out policy, when needed.
- Ability to function and communicate with all levels of the
- Willing to work on shift for 30 days during 90-day probationary
- Rockwell DCS experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Project experience is a plus.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long
periods of time, up to 12 hours per day.
- Working from a seated position for up to 12 hours per
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, ramps and the like,
using feet and legs and/or hands and arms one to two times per
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking,
standing or crouching on narrow or slippery surfaces.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady
force, exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to
15 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force
consistently to move objects forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert up to 25 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or up to 15 pounds of force frequently, and/or up
to 10 pounds of force consistently to draw, haul or tug objects in
a sustained motion.
- Raising objects up to 25 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 15
pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds consistently from a lower
to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and
- Possible subject to environmental conditions. Activities could
occur inside and outside.
- Subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 for periods of
more than one hour.
- Subject to vibration. Exposure to movements of the extremities
or whole body. Operate/drive utility vehicle.
- Subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions,
such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles,
electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE for tasks as required. FRC
uniform, hard hat, safety toe work boots, safety glasses, gloves
EOE AA M/W/Vets/Disabled-
Keywords: Monument Chemical, Pasadena , Sr Production Engineer, Professions , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...