Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 16, 2023
About Linde:Linde is a leading global industrial gases and
engineering company with 2022 sales of $33 billion. We live our
mission of making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
our planet.The company serves a variety of end markets including
aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy,
healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial
gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen
for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics
manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also
delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support
customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions
reductions.For more information about the company and its products
and services, please visit www.linde.com.Job Overview:This position
leads the maintenance execution team, including direction-setting,
personnel development, oversight of work quality, development and
implementation of improvements, and measurement of results.This
position is responsible for providing oversight and coordination of
routine and major maintenance activities at multiple facilities
throughout the Houston Ship Channel Cluster. This position is
responsible to act as the primary interface for Operations with the
maintenance personnel and engineering by approving, prioritizing,
and scheduling work notifications. This position also has primary
accountability for ensuring the safety and efficiency of these
service personnel while on site. Primary Responsibilities:
- Acts as a champion of the maintenance execution work process in
support of the business goals and safe, quality and reliable
- Provides overall management of maintenance and operations work
orders including creation (as needed), prioritization, release,
review of plan and closure.
- Assures and optimizes maintenance execution practices and
procedures to achieve cost-effective results, including efficient
scheduling of resources, proper training and performance of craft
personnel, and high-quality execution of work with a focus on
Safety and Reliability.
- Leads execution of planned and unplanned unit shutdowns
executed by the Maintenance team, including job plans and critical
path schedule development, and tracking and closeout
- Accountable for execution of major and minor plant turnarounds
(TAR Coordinator on the team runs the effort).
- Performs regular review of execution quality and
- Responsible for implementation and utilization of disciplined
maintenance execution practices and standards.
- Assists in the development of the maintenance budgets, and in
controlling spending through appropriate tracking, forecasting, and
- Supports the use of high-quality Maintenance and Reliability
Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) along with other input to drive
performance and implementation of improvements as appropriate.
- Approves and prioritizes maintenance work notifications in EAM
to ensure that maintenance is properly directed toward the goals of
plant reliability and availability in a cost effective, productive
- Responsible for eliminating unnecessary or redundant work and
for managing the backlog of approved work.
- Communicates daily with the Facility Managers and Shift
Supervisors to clarify work priorities and to react to schedule
- Provides troubleshooting support to operations personnel as
needed and works with various departments as required to obtain
technical and procurement support.
- Participates in root cause failure analyses and in corrective
actions for bad actors.Key Accountability Metrics
- % Overtime
- Maintenance Cost
- Maintenance Schedule compliance
- Maintenance Execution Efficiency
- Emergency Work Order reduction
- Repetitive failures
- Contractor and maintenance personnel safety performance
- Maintenance backlog efficiency
- Work order completion as expected by priority
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in maintenance repairs,
engineering and reliability activities, and must have demonstrated
strong leadership capabilities.
- Key skills include communication, interpersonal relationships,
facilitation, influencing, negotiating and the ability to work
within a matrix organization.
- Successful candidate must be able to develop others and foster
diverse relationships throughout the organization.
- Must have a detailed understanding of equipment and overall
plant manufacturing processes.
- Requires familiarity with environmental, safety, and health
procedures and issues.
- Must have understanding of mechanical and instrument equipment
and their maintenance, mechanical integrity, and the inspection
- Requires familiarity with turnaround execution, maintenance
programs, work processes and best practices.
- Must have technical competencies of troubleshooting, root cause
failure analysis, general computer skills, work planning and
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities, drive issues to
completion, and obtain results.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and
PowerPoint.At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that
treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas,
encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and
embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of
choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To
learn more, visit About Linde.We offer a comprehensive competitive
benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health,
dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and
pension benefits.Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their
interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered
for an interview will be contacted.All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Pasadena , Maintenance Superintendent, Professions , Pasadena, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!